Game Bog

Share Your Media Finds! Includes scans and incidental on-topic images, as well as links to on-topic items at photo and video sharing sites. Material created by the community should be posted in the Member Submissions forums. Information Nuggets go to General Discussion.
XCLBR

Re: Game Bog

Postby XCLBR » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:16 pm

quagmire_uk wrote:Those Pitfall: The Lost Expedition clips are nice, the bog liquid is great. It's a shame about the voice thing... did a bit of googling, and I guess it's because playing as Nicole is only a cheat code, so they didn't bother to go to effort of recording lines for playing as her.

Of course you'd expect the story/dialogue sections of the game to not make sense so there's no point recordind lines for those, but you'd think they'd at the very least get her to do her own groans for getting injured or killed.

Happy that you enjoyed it. Let's be honest here, I had fun recording and compiling those scenes. As for the developers, what happened to effort, especially with voice acting? Seriously, even if it were a cheat code, logic would prove such a thing inexcusable. :lol:
* That video game quicksand collector your parents warned you about.

Green Heart

Postby Green Heart » Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:15 pm

Damn you sure do know a lot of video games with this stuff!

Thanks for sharing.

XCLBR

Postby XCLBR » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:13 pm

Green Heart wrote:Damn you sure do know a lot of video games with this stuff!

Thanks for sharing.

You're welcome. It's an enjoyable experience for me to share and document those occurrences of quicksand in games for other people to enjoy.

XCLBR

Postby XCLBR » Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:12 pm

From Machou Shoujo Misaki Mifuki, an eroge developed in Flash, the second floor of the school building is a cave that has periodically opening waist-deep quicksand pits that take the victim's clothes off, prior to sinking, strangely enough. Escaping the pit can be done by retrieving your clothes. Take caution though, as the scene is 18+ for nudity. My comment regarding the game is that the physics and controls seem to be shoddily programmed, hence, it might not be worth playing. Despite that, the game is fully playable, but difficult without exploiting an invincibility glitch.
Last edited by XCLBR on Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

XCLBR

Postby XCLBR » Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:59 pm

In Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater, there is Dremuchij Swamp, which I could say is well done, especially when it comes to the mechanics. Metal Gear 2 also has the Swamp Maze, which is thought to be one of the most aggravating areas in the game due to its trial-and-error nature.

XCLBR

Postby XCLBR » Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:03 am

Here's a compilation of recorded footage of quicksand areas from the Megaman ZX duology. Do note that the link from a previous post of mine has been erased in favor of this one.
Included are the following areas:
(ZX)
Area H-3 - Amusement Park
Element: Crane game
Area K-4 - Lava Field
Element: Thigh-deep volcanic ash
(ZX Advent)
Scrapyard 1
Element: Scrap metal
Bio Lab 2
Element: Blue muck

As a bonus, here's footage from Megaman Zero 3's quicksand locations, featuring a Leviathan sprite hack.
Last edited by XCLBR on Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

XCLBR

Postby XCLBR » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:25 am

Bleach: Soul Carnival 2 for the PSP has the deserts of Hueco Mundo, complete with a number of quicksand pits.
Last edited by XCLBR on Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

XCLBR

Postby XCLBR » Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:36 pm

In the indie platformer Eroico, an eroge where you take the role of a guy against various monster girls, level 2 has nonlethal, shallow quicksand that impedes the player, making him more vulnerable to enemy attacks.
Last edited by XCLBR on Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

SinkerCutie

Postby SinkerCutie » Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:56 pm

I'm learning so much about these games with quicksand! Thanks for the thread and keeping it alive!

BogDog

Postby BogDog » Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:06 am

I located and downloaded a copy of "Machou Shoujo Misaki Mifuki" (.SWF format)

Here's the link if anyone else wants to try it: http://uploaded.net/file/26ydqpp3
"Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Return to “Nuggets”