Comic book sinking scenes!

Share Your Media Finds! Includes scans and incidental on-topic images, as well as links to on-topic items at photo and video sharing sites. Material created by the community should be posted in the Member Submissions forums. Information Nuggets go to General Discussion.
nachtjaeger

Re: Comic book sinking scenes!

Postby nachtjaeger » Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:46 pm

Major awesomeness! That one would make a perfect scene for one of our producers!

PM2K wrote:I may have found a previously unseen and never before posted sinking scene from Nyoka, The Jungle Girl, as she appeared in Master Comics #102... who when she's not getting conked on the head or tied up or both, got into situations like this one...

In this case, a lady feels she can be a better jungle girl than Nyoka... (an idea perhaps our friendly neighborhood producers may want to ponder for a future project... just saying... ;) )

Well, she's a better sinker, anyway...

Sorry for the scans... not as clear as I would like, but beggers can't be choosy... :D
This space for rent- advertise your product or service here!

KavenBach

Postby KavenBach » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:52 pm

Ahhh... Papyrus! A lot of really interesting things tended to happen to women --- particularly that princess --- in that series... come to think of it, that may have been my first experience with the DiD genre... hmm. I certainly remember taking one particular book out of the library several times, and being very fascinated with the scene of some god's daughter, offered as a bride to another god, slowly turning to stone as his sacrifice. Mmh. Intriguing, I'd forgotten that whole series...
"Of all the roads that lead to nowhere, I chose the longest one." -'Goober'

"Don't worry, I seem to have found an even longer one." -Me

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:42 pm

KavenBach wrote:Ahhh... Papyrus! A lot of really interesting things tended to happen to women --- particularly that princess --- in that series... come to think of it, that may have been my first experience with the DiD genre... hmm. I certainly remember taking one particular book out of the library several times, and being very fascinated with the scene of some god's daughter, offered as a bride to another god, slowly turning to stone as his sacrifice. Mmh. Intriguing, I'd forgotten that whole series...

Evilhenchman dropped me a line saying there is an anime series based on Papyrus out there... but it is rare. No idea if that sinking scene is depicted... but it might be worth looking into.

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:47 pm

dlodoski wrote:Awesome!

For a while there, it seemed like someone had dipped into my stash, but these last few are totally new to me. :shock:

Thank you again for the excellent work! (I'll follow you up with more scans as soon as the shooting season ends.)

Dave

Thanks! :D I still have a lot of scenes left to post, but none depicting ladies which haven't been seen before. Hopefully I'm not overlapping your collection by too much...

Speaking of, here's a sinking scene from Rip Hunter, a time traveller who tries to keep aliens etc. from mucking things up in our history...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:43 am

Back again!

I'm happy to say my comment about having no more ladies sinking has been proven incorrect. Found this gem from Rangers, a WW2 era comic with the usual assortment of adventure stories.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:14 pm

Some more comic scenes... I still have plenty! :D

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:19 pm

And a few more... because it is the weekend! :D

nachtjaeger

Postby nachtjaeger » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:47 pm

Thanks yet some more, PM2K!
This space for rent- advertise your product or service here!

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:44 pm

You're welcome! :D

Here's a real treat... I've been wading through piles of Vampirella magazines lately, and came across two gems. One I posted before on DS... it was a Spanish version... of Vampirella watching a baddie sink in quicksand. This is a better scan and in English...

Second, while I haven't seen Vampirella herself sink, her friend Pantha does a good job of it here... :D

Robert
Producer

Postby Robert » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:08 am

From "Our Army at War" comics a male scene and front cover.

Robert

PS yes they won the battle 8-)

Return to “Nuggets”