Game Bog

Share Your Media Finds! Includes scans and incidental on-topic images, as well as links to on-topic items at photo and video sharing sites. Material created by the community should be posted in the Member Submissions forums. Information Nuggets go to General Discussion.
BogDog

Re: Game Bog

Postby BogDog » Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:05 am

Works for me using FF.
"Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:09 am

BogDog wrote:Works for me using FF.

Same here.
I sink, therefore I WAM!!!!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

water_bug_62208

Postby water_bug_62208 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:52 am

elefseus wrote:Also, here's a treat for each of you: A collection of clips from Crackle Cradle Plus, where the girls with some changes to their outfits struggle and sink in quicksand.

Wow! That indeed was a treat! All three scenes were outstanding, although I found the tar and the second quicksand scenes to be the best... very struggle-filled and very leggy. The last quicksand scene was very nicely done... that gal was indeed STUCK!

The parts where the women tried lifting their stuck legs from the mire with the strained expressions on their faces were beautifully done. And, the squelchy/sucky sounds of the tar and quicksand as the ladies struggled were great. I liked the "stretchy" sound that was included with the tar scene. And, the ladies grunting added a lot to the overall feel of these scenes. Also, the gradual coating of these ladies as they sank deeper was nicely done.

Thanks for sharing!

XCLBR

Postby XCLBR » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:33 am

water_bug_62208 wrote:
elefseus wrote:Also, here's a treat for each of you: A collection of clips from Crackle Cradle Plus, where the girls with some changes to their outfits struggle and sink in quicksand.

Wow! That indeed was a treat! All three scenes were outstanding, although I found the tar and the second quicksand scenes to be the best... very struggle-filled and very leggy. The last quicksand scene was very nicely done... that gal was indeed STUCK!

The parts where the women tried lifting their stuck legs from the mire with the strained expressions on their faces were beautifully done. And, the squelchy/sucky sounds of the tar and quicksand as the ladies struggled were great. I liked the "stretchy" sound that was included with the tar scene. And, the ladies grunting added a lot to the overall feel of these scenes. Also, the gradual coating of these ladies as they sank deeper was nicely done.

Thanks for sharing!

You're very much welcome, Water Bug. I'm more than happy that you enjoyed my treat of a montage. Though I considered it a bonus video, a sideline from my documentation of various video game quicksand pits, I didn't know that it would turn out like this, something that stands above the rest, according to other's perceptions and standards. In the end, I really did have a good time capturing and assembling those scenes into one video, saving the best part for last, as much as how you enjoyed watching the finished product. In biology, we could call such a thing symbiosis, where both parties benefit from one thing. To conclude my statement, thanks for the kind words and detailed review! :D

In addition to all of that, I should also thank MrBlackGoo, the mind behind the modifications for the game, for putting up what could be considered a benchmark for quicksand obstacles in games.
* That video game quicksand collector your parents warned you about.

arisumudvixen

Postby arisumudvixen » Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:26 pm

Ah so that's what it is. I'm on Google for the forum, threw it into my FF and was able to watch. Strange how i thought, there was more to it then what actually happens in game.

also is this the DOS version? I remember playing on a Macintosh and the sound quality was much higher.

XCLBR

Postby XCLBR » Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:32 pm

arisumudvixen wrote:Ah so that's what it is. I'm on Google for the forum, threw it into my FF and was able to watch. Strange how i thought, there was more to it then what actually happens in game.

also is this the DOS version? I remember playing on a Macintosh and the sound quality was much higher.

That's the DOS version. I just whipped out DOSBox, a screen recorder, and the game just for that specific scene. Never knew that the time would come for me to use DOSBox for this sort of thing, since I have been using it for testing legacy programs back in the past for academic purposes.
Last edited by XCLBR on Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

XCLBR

Postby XCLBR » Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:39 pm

The DS Castlevania titles have their fair share of quicksand and swamps, though they are scarce and only function as gateways to hidden passages, or serve as obstacles that merely slow the player down. Here's a list of areas for each game where they occur:
(Dawn of Sorrow)
Abyss, upper left area
(Portrait of Ruin)
Sandy Grave
Forgotten City
(Order of Ecclesia)
Argila Swamp
Last edited by XCLBR on Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

gamepal

Postby gamepal » Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:28 am

Hello! I stumbled across this thread and wanted to say nice work on these finds. ^^
I hope it's okay if I shared something I found. This one of form the upcoming Shantae Half-Genie Hero game coming out soon. It takes place in the desert level. This is only the beta version of the game available to the people who back the beta player tie. The final version of the game is said to come out this year.

https://youtu.be/l4c0O8XWGP8?t=2m33s

Also there is quicksand featured in the other game, Shantae and the Pilates's Curse. I wasn't able to find a video of that level just yet but it also takes place in a desert level. It also has a secret reminiscent of the quicksand shortcut found in World 8 in Super Mario Bros. 3.

XCLBR

Postby XCLBR » Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:14 am

It is 100% okay to share something, of course, since we're all in this together as a community. In other words, a large pizza party where everyone takes their slice and eats it. I'm just contributing clips and QS locations with the ample time that I have. By the way, it's a good thing that those Shantae titles, especially the upcoming Half-Genie Hero, are available on PC, since not everyone has the latest high-end game console.

water_bug_62208

Postby water_bug_62208 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:12 am

elefseus wrote:You're very much welcome, Water Bug. I'm more than happy that you enjoyed my treat of a montage. Though I considered it a bonus video, a sideline from my documentation of various video game quicksand pits, I didn't know that it would turn out like this, something that stands above the rest, according to other's perceptions and standards. In the end, I really did have a good time capturing and assembling those scenes into one video, saving the best part for last, as much as how you enjoyed watching the finished product. In biology, we could call such a thing symbiosis, where both parties benefit from one thing. To conclude my statement, thanks for the kind words and detailed review! :D

In addition to all of that, I should also thank MrBlackGoo, the mind behind the modifications for the game, for putting up what could be considered a benchmark for quicksand obstacles in games.

Very happy indeed! I finally figured out what the colored horizontal bars above these ladies were and how the red bar represented the gals' strength or stamina... I found it interesting to watch how their facial expressions became more strained and tired looking as they struggled through the course and mud. In the last one, it was interesting to see how the blonde woman was using up a lot of her stamina crossing the swamp, and by the time she reached the spot where she got stuck fast how her stamina bar was pretty much empty. You could see how their stamina would build up while they rested, but then they'd sink deeper and would have to again tap into their near-exhausted strength bank... a very nice touch to these videos.

And, yes indeed, many thanks to MrBlackGoo!

Return to “Nuggets”