Star Maidens

Share Your Media Finds! Includes scans and incidental on-topic images, as well as links to on-topic items at photo and video sharing sites. Material created by the community should be posted in the Member Submissions forums. Information Nuggets go to General Discussion.
undergrain1

Star Maidens

Postby undergrain1 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:33 am

Back in the late 70s there was this sci-fi miniseries called Star Maidens. Some of the special effects (like the "comet" that yanks their planet Medusa out of its own orbit) are awful, but anyhow, their planet wound up orbiting our sun somewhere out beyond Neptune. And yet, when their life support system is going haywire and raining like crazy on the surface (which should be like -200 C / -400 F), some Medusan guy sinks out of sight in some kind of mud or quicksand. That's a shot to look for if anyone has it.

suckedin

Re: Star Maidens

Postby suckedin » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:35 pm

I've got a copy on my hard drive as I recently ripped a friends DVD set. I'll find the episode and do some grabs. It's an odd scene, obviously very faked in pit cut out by an excavator - as the guy sinks you can see the square shape of the pit edges!. Also, everyone else crowds around so close, they could eaisly pull him out. But I'll get some grabs done for the board.
"Hurry !...I'm being sucked under!"!"

Return to “Nuggets”