Game Bog

Share Your Media Finds! Includes scans and incidental on-topic images, as well as links to on-topic items at photo and video sharing sites. Material created by the community should be posted in the Member Submissions forums. Information Nuggets go to General Discussion.
SinkerCutie

Re: Game Bog

Postby SinkerCutie » Wed May 12, 2021 6:16 am

Any chance we could get a vid of this?

Black Clay Lord

Postby Black Clay Lord » Wed May 12, 2021 3:58 pm

I'll see what I can do. No exact promises though.
There is but one certainty - every end marks a new beginning. "—and methodically knocking peoples' hats off. Then I account it high time to get to sea as soon as I ca—"

SinkerCutie

Postby SinkerCutie » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:29 am

Apparantly, a new Mario Golf game is coming up and there is actual quicksand. The game is called Mario Golf: Super Rush.
Last edited by SinkerCutie on Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

SinkerCutie

Postby SinkerCutie » Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:15 pm

Sorry for the double post, but I have an update on Crash Bandicoot 4. Two levels have quicksand: Truck Stopped and Crash Compactor. Both are found in the Hazardous Wastes part of the game, though you need to unlock Truck Stopped. Mods are also available for PC users that allow for characters to be played in levels that they aren't normally playable in.

JohnnyD1986

Postby JohnnyD1986 » Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:54 am

SinkerCutie wrote:Apparantly, a new Mario Golf game is coming up and there is actual quicksand. The game is called Mario Golf: Super Rush.

Got it and the four princesses. This is the deepest it goes, and Rosalina actually bobs. It's just a slowdown mechanic. Actual golf, it's treated as a water hazard.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Black Clay Lord

Postby Black Clay Lord » Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:03 am

JohnnyD1986 wrote:
SinkerCutie wrote:Apparantly, a new Mario Golf game is coming up and there is actual quicksand. The game is called Mario Golf: Super Rush.

Got it and the four princesses. This is the deepest it goes, and Rosalina actually bobs. It's just a slowdown mechanic. Actual golf, it's treated as a water hazard.

Good shots. However, it's really 3 princesses. Pauline's not royalty in any respect.
There is but one certainty - every end marks a new beginning. "—and methodically knocking peoples' hats off. Then I account it high time to get to sea as soon as I ca—"

SinkerCutie

Postby SinkerCutie » Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:03 pm

JohnnyD1986 wrote:

Nice! Can never go wrong with those four boobdeep in quicksand...

I found out that at least 10 of the 18 holes have quicksand. The ones I confirmed that have it are 1, 2, 6, 7, 9, 10, 12, 16, 17, and 18.

JohnnyD1986

Postby JohnnyD1986 » Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:22 pm

Black Clay Lord wrote:
JohnnyD1986 wrote:

Good shots. However, it's really 3 princesses. Pauline's not royalty in any respect.

According to Mario Odyssey's development, she was slated to be one, but since the setting was urban, it wouldn't fit, so they made her a mayor instead.

SinkerCutie

Postby SinkerCutie » Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:34 pm

JohnnyD1986 wrote:
Black Clay Lord wrote:
JohnnyD1986 wrote:

According to Mario Odyssey's development, she was slated to be one, but since the setting was urban, it wouldn't fit, so they made her a mayor instead.

Interesting trivia. I wonder what Princess Pauline would look like...

JohnnyD1986

Postby JohnnyD1986 » Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:55 pm

There's a fighter on PC and consoles called Gang Beasts. One of the levels, Grind, has a pool of pink goo that fighters slowly sink into. If they can't swim out, they'd drown and lose the match.

https://i.imgur.com/eklpJcr.mp4

Return to “Nuggets”