Game Bog

Share Your Media Finds! Includes scans and incidental on-topic images, as well as links to on-topic items at photo and video sharing sites. Material created by the community should be posted in the Member Submissions forums. Information Nuggets go to General Discussion.
flarestriker

Re: Game Bog

Postby flarestriker » Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:01 pm

quagmire_uk wrote:
flarestriker wrote:https://youtu.be/tPtqtM_dTCw

Here. I uploaded the scene on Youtube, because QSFans doesn't support WMVs, or that's that it told me.

Nice!

Does it normally have any sound effects? (For me the video was silent.)

Your guess is as good as mine. The video I have is silent and I don't have the actual game.

seprater

Postby seprater » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:49 pm

No. That one doesn't. I made that one a long time ago. I'm pretty sure because I expanded the scene and the screen capture I had back then didn't record sound. I'm glad to see that someone still has it.

Here is a fresh screen recording done yesterday with sound.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Seprater

I sometimes accept requests at seprater.deviantart.com where all of my newest work appears.

XCLBR

Postby XCLBR » Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:30 am

The desert level of Valis III has quicksand pits, which in fact could be better without transparency. Also, the Genesis version of said game has a slime pit located in the industrial level, which deals damage upon entry.
* That video game quicksand collector your parents warned you about.

water_bug_62208

Postby water_bug_62208 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:39 am

seprater wrote:No. That one doesn't. I made that one a long time ago. I'm pretty sure because I expanded the scene and the screen capture I had back then didn't record sound. I'm glad to see that someone still has it.

Here is a fresh screen recording done yesterday with sound.

Very nice version! The background sounds add a lot.

Thanks for sharing!

XCLBR

Postby XCLBR » Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:22 am

Here's video documentation of the quicksand areas from Valkyrie no Bouken: Toki no Kagi Densetsu. Also note that there is quicksnow, which I have recently discovered when attempting to record the video, prior to compilation. It has the same behavior as the quicksand area I've mentioned in a previous post.

XCLBR

Postby XCLBR » Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:16 am

Pitfall: The Lost Expedition has quicksand swamps in the Native Jungle, Mouth of Inti, Renegade Fort, and the Abandoned Caverns, where one of them leads to a secret area. As for shallow mud pools, most of which house crocodiles, they're scattered across many areas within the game. I have compiled a montage of these scenes for you guys to be able to enjoy them as much as possible. One weird yet hilarious thing regarding the game is that even if you play as Nicole, Harry's voice/responses still remain intact.

In addition to the many instant-death tar/quicksand pits in Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure, Tikal Ruins has a sinking pool that you can wade through. Also, said pool can be escaped from by simply mashing the jump button.
Last edited by XCLBR on Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

XCLBR

Postby XCLBR » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:13 am

Tobari and the Night of the Curious Moon, an indie PC platformer game, has Silverburn Desert, which has a couple of quicksand pits that are reminiscent to Super Mario Bros. 2, which can also hide some passages from the player.
Last edited by XCLBR on Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

XCLBR

Postby XCLBR » Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:07 am

The fourth level of the SNES game Kishin Douji Zenki: Denei Raibu has underwater quicksand pits which prevents the player from moving left or right upon sinking and causes damage when the player has been sunken to the bottom. The password for the level is 804649, or as displayed by the game, 八〇四六四九.
Last edited by XCLBR on Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

XCLBR

Postby XCLBR » Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:16 am

Gilligan's Island for the NES has a fair share of mud and quicksand pits, where submergence can be averted by tapping the A button rapidly.
Last edited by XCLBR on Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

quagmire_uk

Postby quagmire_uk » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:03 pm

elefseus wrote:Pitfall: The Lost Expedition has quicksand swamps in the Native Jungle, Mouth of Inti, Renegade Fort, and the Abandoned Caverns, where one of them leads to a secret area. As for shallow mud pools, most of which house crocodiles, they're scattered across many areas within the game. I have compiled a montage of these scenes for you guys to be able to enjoy them as much as possible. One weird yet hilarious thing regarding the game is that even if you play as Nicole, Harry's voice/responses still remain intact.

In addition to the many instant-death tar/quicksand pits in Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure, Tikal Ruins has a sinking pool that you can wade through. Also, said pool can be escaped from by simply mashing the jump button.

Those Pitfall: The Lost Expedition clips are nice, the bog liquid is great. It's a shame about the voice thing... did a bit of googling, and I guess it's because playing as Nicole is only a cheat code, so they didn't bother to go to effort of recording lines for playing as her.

Of course you'd expect the story/dialogue sections of the game to not make sense so there's no point recordind lines for those, but you'd think they'd at the very least get her to do her own groans for getting injured or killed.

Return to “Nuggets”