Game Bog

Share Your Media Finds! Includes scans and incidental on-topic images, as well as links to on-topic items at photo and video sharing sites. Material created by the community should be posted in the Member Submissions forums. Information Nuggets go to General Discussion.
Kaella

Re: Game Bog

Postby Kaella » Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:07 pm

In Final Fantasy XIV. The dungeon The Sunken Temple of Qarn (hard). The first boss casts a spell that turns the stone cavern floor into a swirling quicksand pit that the players have to run out of before being sucked down. Of course, playing with emotes and poses is always an option too. :D

----------------
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ This is Neko. Copy Neko into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Anonymously

Postby Anonymously » Thu Nov 10, 2022 4:21 pm

Kaella wrote:In Final Fantasy XIV. The dungeon The Sunken Temple of Qarn (hard). The first boss casts a spell that turns the stone cavern floor into a swirling quicksand pit that the players have to run out of before being sucked down. Of course, playing with emotes and poses is always an option too. :D

A rare "armoured boots stuck" stuff? Nice

XCLBR

Postby XCLBR » Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:08 am

Hello all, I'm still alive, sharing some clips that I've put off for quite a while due to life and personal things.

Game Title: Magical Miri
Platform: PC
Area Number/Name: Cool Desert
Notes: In this game, quicksand pits are non-fatal, they only serve to slow the player down.

Game Title: Graveyard Executioner
Area Number/Name: Fengraf of Leechridden, The White Palace
Notes: Former level features tar pits, while the latter has desert quicksand; the mechanics are similar.
* That video game quicksand collector your parents warned you about.

luckykid77

Postby luckykid77 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:34 pm

XCLBR wrote:Hello all, I'm still alive, sharing some clips that I've put off for quite a while due to life and personal things.

Game Title: Magical Miri
Area Number/Name: Cool Desert
Notes: In this game, quicksand pits are non-fatal, they only serve to slow the player down.

Game Title: Graveyard Executioner
Area Number/Name: Fengraf of Leechridden, The White Palace
Notes: Former level features tar pits, while the latter has desert quicksand; the mechanics are similar.

Good to have you back! and nice finds too!

JohnnyD1986

Postby JohnnyD1986 » Sat Nov 19, 2022 12:50 am

Bayonetta 3 has a desert with a quicksand river, though the current's faster than you can sink. Going over the falls is an instant death.

https://youtu.be/xT8gHN8V91E

SinkerCutie

Postby SinkerCutie » Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:08 am

SinkerCutie wrote:Mira Co Rescue has recently gotten an update that adds more quicksand to the game. If you're interested, here's a link to the game page:

https://ankhrono.itch.io/mira-co-rescue

Could someone post the newest quicksand scenes for this game?

Postby 101927700 » Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:44 am

101927700 wrote:
JohnnyD1986 wrote:Found a game called Tower of Fantasy that's getting a global release soon. Gameplaynis similar to Genshin Impact. Anyway, desert quicksand field.

https://youtu.be/xICy6dwlbDs

Incidental related note, Genshin Impact is going to be adding some desert and rainforest-styled areas in the next few months... lots of quicksand opportunities :twisted:

I have an unfortunate follow-up to this, Sumeru unfortunately did not include any quicksand - there's one overworld animal in the desert called the "Quicksand Unagi", and one spot in the desert where apparently terrain collision glitches out under certain circumstances and the appearance of sinking can be attained, but unfortunately nothing beyond that.
I’m not the person I was in 2016.
Profile picture by twitter.com/bogexplorer

BogDog

Postby BogDog » Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:49 pm

[quote="JohnnyD1986"]Bayonetta 3 has a desert with a quicksand river, though the current's faster than you can sink. Going over the falls is an instant death.

With a river like that it makes one wonder who is getting all of the quicksand rainfall upstream. :lol:
"Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

JohnnyD1986

Postby JohnnyD1986 » Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:21 am

101927700 wrote:
101927700 wrote:
JohnnyD1986 wrote:Found a game called Tower of Fantasy that's getting a global release soon. Gameplaynis similar to Genshin Impact. Anyway, desert quicksand field.

https://youtu.be/xICy6dwlbDs

Incidental related note, Genshin Impact is going to be adding some desert and rainforest-styled areas in the next few months... lots of quicksand opportunities :twisted:

I have an unfortunate follow-up to this, Sumeru unfortunately did not include any quicksand - there's one overworld animal in the desert called the "Quicksand Unagi", and one spot in the desert where apparently terrain collision glitches out under certain circumstances and the appearance of sinking can be attained, but unfortunately nothing beyond that.

They also patched the spot. There is a cutscene where a sinkhole forms, though, but that's about it.

Garbage Dump Angel

Postby Garbage Dump Angel » Fri Dec 16, 2022 3:52 pm

As luck would have it, I stumbled upon a video that shows most of the girls of Tower of Fantasy sinking.

Return to “Nuggets”