Game Bog

Share Your Media Finds! Includes scans and incidental on-topic images, as well as links to on-topic items at photo and video sharing sites. Material created by the community should be posted in the Member Submissions forums. Information Nuggets go to General Discussion.
BogDog

Re: Game Bog

Postby BogDog » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:41 pm

Then you should enjoy the latest release.

I must say, the lack of comments on the video has been upsetting. Over 1000 views in only 2 days, and I only see 6 posts at Youtube on it and only one here. More than half of those are merely "If only...."s. Very discouraging. Those posts are my main motivation for continuing this venture and sharing it with others. They make the many days it takes of creating and sharing them all worthwhile

:(
"Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Yoho

Postby Yoho » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:12 pm

Don't worry we all enjoyed your videos.
Just look to all the likes you have on them.
It's easier to put a like when we enjoy a video than saying "Oh it's so cool, keep it up!".
I think people who comments that sort of content try to make some requests for your future videos. So, don't see that comments like negative. ;)

You can try to share your videos links on Deviantart, there are more comments on that website.

BogDog

Postby BogDog » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:11 am

Yes,it's easier to just mouse or finger a little thumbs-up icon. It's also easier to just slap a raw clip out there rather than make a proper and entertaining movie from it first. A little effort for a major effort, please.

Likes are nice. Words much nicer.

The former are cold and impersonal though (thx for that, Vimeo and Facebook). Written praise takes some of the burden off all the work required to make a proper movie by saying "we really appreciate it and will take the few moments it requires to do so". Just saying. The easiest path is not always the best one.

When I was making hundreds of 3D CGI trucks for a popular video game in the previous decade since 2001 and uploading them to a free download site while other were putting their works on model-purchase websites, I'd thrive on the kind things people had to say about my hard-made vehicles. Sometimes even the unkind things provided useful info. It kept me going for years until people moved on to different games and the site folded last year. I STILL have some of the web page comments saved. They make me feel good to view from time to time.

So odd that mere words can produce so much energy in someone.

Ah, what the Hell. The clips will still be coming. Just not so enthused about it all anymore. It feels like it's become a "thankyouforanothervideobye!" situation at YT now. Still will never monetize it. Not my way, and not enough sharing going on in the world today on the 'net anymore.

Once I get this custom character I am working on created for a game-making friend, I'll get on to the next adventure. I still have fun in the creation of the main scenes and props. Call me "Maker-Dog" if you wish. 8-)

Be well, all. Sorry for the bitch-fest. Peace.

Yoho

Postby Yoho » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:45 pm

I will try to post more comments on your work.
But as you see my english is not very good, it's not my natal langage. :mrgreen:

That's the reason why I do not talk so much on the board. I joined in 2011... and only 9 posts!
And 6 of my posts are about your work, you are the one who make me talk on this board. :lol:

BogDog

Postby BogDog » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:06 am

I appreciate that...I truly do. Thank you.

Jaina76

Postby Jaina76 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:20 am

Your videos are very well liked, and I am subscribed to your YouTube channel as well. I think that the reason there are more likes than comments is that the "likes" share an anonymity among YouTube users, while commenting kind of throws that anonymity away. At least, I believe so in my case.

Some of us find it hard to reach out beyond the QSFans forum, because here, we are all anonymous. I find it hard to share my love of quicksand beyond the boundaries of the forum and of Second Life, mainly due to anxiety. My significant other knows about my quicksand fetish, but hardly anyone else does.

I will make it a point to try to comment more, but please know, you have a wonderful talent for creating sinking videos, and I love every one of them.

BogDog

Postby BogDog » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:56 am

Thanks. I feel like a whiner. I do not expect anyone to reply "No you aren't!" :oops:

Speaking of thumbs-up, 1400+ views, 18 likes. I guess even clicking a thumb icon is too much work for some youtubers. ;)

quagmire_uk

Postby quagmire_uk » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:15 pm

Yeah I only comment on your amazing videos here, I don't comment or like on YouTube. I have my own YouTube channel that is nothing to do with quicksand stuff and I'd rather my usual audience didn't see me commenting on this sort of thing.

I absolutely love your videos, and I'm blown away by all the amazing tricks you've come up with to add new features and situations.

BogDog

Postby BogDog » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:42 pm

That was my suspicion...that a lot of people enjoy that kind of stuff but do not want to expose themselves for it by posting. Understandble. It's all good.

BogDog

Postby BogDog » Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:21 pm

The last BogDog video of 2019 is up and ready. Everyone have a great one.

https://youtu.be/CPZG8ZBfmIo

Return to “Nuggets”