Game Bog

Share Your Media Finds! Includes scans and incidental on-topic images, as well as links to on-topic items at photo and video sharing sites. Material created by the community should be posted in the Member Submissions forums. Information Nuggets go to General Discussion.
Boggy Man

Re: Game Bog

Postby Boggy Man » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:25 am

PM2K wrote:I was rather amused by the ongoing commentary of the girls playing the game. ;)

I heard her making a comment about the episode of "1000 Ways To Die" with the mud wrestling pit that was built over top of a sinkhole that collapsed, drowning one female (saw that one), and another episode of "1000 Ways To Die" where someone tried role-playing, burying himself in sand and suffocating (didn't see that one).
I sink, therefore I WAM!!!!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

Aiko

Postby Aiko » Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:02 pm

Even though there's no quicksand in the latest Tomb Raider games, I found a little video of a glitch in one of these games that looked like Lara was in trapped in deep mud or quicksand - if only for a few seconds:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yuQC_DY_CY

Enjoy.
Visit me at the Great Swamp, but watch your step on the way there!

luckykid77

Postby luckykid77 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:53 pm

elefseus wrote:Summon Night: Twin Age for the DS has a good amount of desert and forest areas, each of them with varying distributions of quicksand and poison swamp patches, which slow down the player, making him/her an open target to enemy mobs. I'm sure that a number of you probably heard of this from TVTropes, but such things need to be seen to be believed.

UPDATE (03/03/16): It has come to my attention, after going over the game, that there are also patches of cave muck as obstacles, which may or may not be poisonous. You may refer to the link, which has been updated.

Also, here's a treat for each of you: A collection of clips from Crackle Cradle Plus, where the girls with some changes to their outfits struggle and sink in quicksand.

Dammit with these links being deleted. :x

XCLBR

Postby XCLBR » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:03 am

luckykid77 wrote:
elefseus wrote:Summon Night: Twin Age for the DS has a good amount of desert and forest areas, each of them with varying distributions of quicksand and poison swamp patches, which slow down the player, making him/her an open target to enemy mobs. I'm sure that a number of you probably heard of this from TVTropes, but such things need to be seen to be believed.

UPDATE (03/03/16): It has come to my attention, after going over the game, that there are also patches of cave muck as obstacles, which may or may not be poisonous. You may refer to the link, which has been updated.

Also, here's a treat for each of you: A collection of clips from Crackle Cradle Plus, where the girls with some changes to their outfits struggle and sink in quicksand.

Dammit with these links being deleted. :x

Good thing I've saved some backups.
1. Summon Night: Twin Age
2. Crackle Cradle Plus
* That video game quicksand collector your parents warned you about.

luckykid77

Postby luckykid77 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:29 am

elefseus wrote:Since the previously-shared clip for Winx Club has been taken down, here's a compilation of Bloom's traversals through the mucky areas of the Black Mud Swamp.

I think it too has been taken down...

but also I wonder if you have have Bloom also traverse the mud while wearing more outfits?

such as the hoverbike outfit or this outfit: http://winx.wikia.com/wiki/File:Bloom-S ... Formal.jpg

luckykid77

Postby luckykid77 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:57 pm

Although it's not an actual video game, its a "Choose your own Adventure book" based on The Legend of Zelda video game Series.

The Crystal Trap

One of the scenarios involves Zelda trying to traverse in mud...

SinkerCutie

Postby SinkerCutie » Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:26 am

The newest Shantae game, Half-Genie Hero, is now out and it has quicksand in the desert level Tassel Town. Sadly, there aren't any secrets under the surface of any of the pits...but at the very least, you can have Shantae dance while she sinks.

XCLBR

Postby XCLBR » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:15 pm

The 3rd level of Miracle Ropit's Adventure in 2100 for the NES has a couple of nonlethal quicksand pits that are hidden from plain sight, where escaping can be done through mashing the jump button upon being submerged.
Last edited by XCLBR on Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

XCLBR

Postby XCLBR » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:24 pm

Spy vs. Spy II: The Island Caper has a couple of quicksand pits as one of many field-based traps. In the NES version, the spy who falls in helplessly struggles even after losing all of his stamina. Here, stamina is reduced while staying in the quicksand. Other versions (C64 footage) have a gravestone emerge from the quicksand after all stamina is lost. The difference from the NES version is that stamina is reduced when struggling out of the mire.
Last edited by XCLBR on Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

SinkerCutie

Postby SinkerCutie » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:37 am

Could you maybe make some vids of the quicksand in the Shantae games?

Return to “Nuggets”