Game Bog

Share Your Media Finds! Includes scans and incidental on-topic images, as well as links to on-topic items at photo and video sharing sites. Material created by the community should be posted in the Member Submissions forums. Information Nuggets go to General Discussion.
Anonymously

Re: Game Bog

Postby Anonymously » Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:16 am

BogDog wrote:Not sure if I did this already, but here are the .WAV audio files for the mud and quicksand sound effects for the Crackle Cradle Plus demo. I extracted them from the game EXE. Someone at YouTube asked for them, so I decided to make them available here too for members making their own projects or just to listen too while viewing art and/or fantasizing. Contents: 39 separate wav files.

https://www50.zippyshare.com/v/1aEVDKuv/file.html

Could they be uploaded in google drive instead? clicking that orange download button does not work at all

SinkerCutie

Postby SinkerCutie » Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:40 am

Boggy Man wrote:
SinkerCutie wrote:The link doesn't work.

The posted link is to the Zippyshare website, where you then have to click on the orange "DOWNLOAD NOW" button on the upper right to download the .zip file. The popup window is rather annoying.

I meant that the link didn't work at all when I tried it at first.

quagmire_uk

Postby quagmire_uk » Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:51 am

BogDog wrote:Not sure if I did this already, but here are the .WAV audio files for the mud and quicksand sound effects for the Crackle Cradle Plus demo. I extracted them from the game EXE. Someone at YouTube asked for them, so I decided to make them available here too for members making their own projects or just to listen too while viewing art and/or fantasizing. Contents: 39 separate wav files.

Thank you so much for this! Such a great selection of sound effects!

At first the link didn't work for me either, I had to use a VPN to change it so I appeared to be in America, and then it worked. I'm guessing Zippyshare is US only and doesn't work if you're in the UK or Europe.

quagmire_uk

Postby quagmire_uk » Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:54 am

Green Heart wrote:I also have the complete source code for the extended edition+ with extras if anyone wants it, figured its time to let the community have it now.

Oh wow, that would be great.

Well, I say that, I dunno whether I'd be able to do anything with the code. It's been a decade since I did any game modding. I'd still probably enjoy looking at it, though.

But anyway, for the community at large, in case someone else has the skills to add to it, the offer to release it is very generous.

BogDog

Postby BogDog » Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:17 pm

I'd seek MrBlackGoo's permission before sharing that. You can drop him a message at https://www.deviantart.com/mrblackgoo

Much of the custom code is his doing, and we have been in communication. I even made a custom character for him on request. I was asked not to share stuff like that code from it myself. All of my videos avoid the unseen portions of the game, much of which is still a work in progress.

Quote: "Pleas don't share it too much, especially Source code.

Have fun ^^
Thank you again and again (for character I made for him).
Good luck, and luck with your projects. Look forward to them, yeah :3
And see you around~
"

MrBlackGoo still has plans to complete the game. There are levels nobody has seen yet. :geek:
"Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

SinkerCutie

Postby SinkerCutie » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:08 pm

Speaking of your videos, we haven't seen any new ones lately...

Garbage Dump Angel

Postby Garbage Dump Angel » Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:22 pm

elefseus wrote:
Black Clay Lord wrote:Game Title: Dragon: Marked for Death
Platform: Nintendo Switch
Area Number/Name: Tomb of Litus
Notes: The game has 4 playable classes, 2 of which are female: The Empress and the Witch. The quicksand is as sandy as a desert, but thick enough to slow you down as you travel in it. One pit only goes waist deep, but I'm going to search if there are pits any deeper than that.

Here are gameplay videos featuring the Empress and the Witch, as they trudge through the quicksand along the way.

If anyone else has videos focusing on the sinking aspect, please feel free to share.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpkcK_iBRso
It's coming to Steam so that something for you to work on when it does, my absentee friend.

BogDog

Postby BogDog » Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:07 pm

I'm experimenting to see if I can come up with new effects. I needed a break to get some other things done too. That big session of creating new videos after I gained game code access kinda turned me into a hermit for awhile :lol:
"Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Anonymously

Postby Anonymously » Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:54 am

quagmire_uk wrote:

Thank you so much for this! Such a great selection of sound effects!

At first the link didn't work for me either, I had to use a VPN to change it so I appeared to be in America, and then it worked. I'm guessing Zippyshare is US only and doesn't work if you're in the UK or Europe.

Can someone please upload those files in MEGA or Google Drive? I don't have any luck with Zippyshare even with the VPN on

Garbage Dump Angel

Postby Garbage Dump Angel » Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:35 pm

elefseus wrote:
Black Clay Lord wrote:Game Title: Dragon: Marked for Death
Platform: Nintendo Switch
Area Number/Name: Tomb of Litus
Notes: The game has 4 playable classes, 2 of which are female: The Empress and the Witch. The quicksand is as sandy as a desert, but thick enough to slow you down as you travel in it. One pit only goes waist deep, but I'm going to search if there are pits any deeper than that.

Here are gameplay videos featuring the Empress and the Witch, as they trudge through the quicksand along the way.

If anyone else has videos focusing on the sinking aspect, please feel free to share.

Dragon was released on PC a few days ago and I got to play around with the quicksand areas in it. Alas, most of the pits only slow you down and only go waist deep; there's one exception in the Tomb of Litus where you fight a Mandrake in an arena full of quicksand. In it you can sink completely.

Muramasa Castle has some quicksand too, and it looks more muddy.

The deep pit in the Tomb of Litus. The pointy things you can barely see in the middle of the quicksand are my Empress' headgear. She's sunk, to no effect unfortunately besides slowed movement.

Return to “Nuggets”