Game Bog

Share Your Media Finds! Includes scans and incidental on-topic images, as well as links to on-topic items at photo and video sharing sites. Material created by the community should be posted in the Member Submissions forums. Information Nuggets go to General Discussion.
User avatar
Garbage Dump Angel
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:56 am

Re: Game Bog

Postby Garbage Dump Angel » Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:35 pm

elefseus wrote:
Black Clay Lord wrote:Game Title: Dragon: Marked for Death
Platform: Nintendo Switch
Area Number/Name: Tomb of Litus
Notes: The game has 4 playable classes, 2 of which are female: The Empress and the Witch. The quicksand is as sandy as a desert, but thick enough to slow you down as you travel in it. One pit only goes waist deep, but I'm going to search if there are pits any deeper than that.


Here are gameplay videos featuring the Empress and the Witch, as they trudge through the quicksand along the way.

If anyone else has videos focusing on the sinking aspect, please feel free to share.

Dragon was released on PC a few days ago and I got to play around with the quicksand areas in it. Alas, most of the pits only slow you down and only go waist deep; there's one exception in the Tomb of Litus where you fight a Mandrake in an arena full of quicksand. In it you can sink completely.
Image

Muramasa Castle has some quicksand too, and it looks more muddy.
Image
Image

The deep pit in the Tomb of Litus. The pointy things you can barely see in the middle of the quicksand are my Empress' headgear. She's sunk, to no effect unfortunately besides slowed movement.
Image

XCLBR
Posts: 192
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:34 am

Re: Game Bog

Postby XCLBR » Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:01 pm

Garbage Dump Angel wrote:Dragon was released on PC a few days ago and I got to play around with the quicksand areas in it. Alas, most of the pits only slow you down and only go waist deep; there's one exception in the Tomb of Litus where you fight a Mandrake in an arena full of quicksand. In it you can sink completely.


Nice to know. Expect a video from me soon covering select characters.

XCLBR
Posts: 192
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:34 am

Re: Game Bog

Postby XCLBR » Tue May 05, 2020 5:22 pm

At last, here is footage for Dragon Marked for Death, thanks to the PC release.

Here are also some new finds, in addition to updated videos for Sinisistar and Adventure Island II, III, and IV.

Game Title: Metaloid: Origin
Platform: PC, PS4, Switch
Area Number/Name: Toxin Swamp
Notes: Quicksand here is not lethal, and can hide some items underneath.

Game Title: Giana's Return
Platform: Dreamcast, GameCube, PC, PSP, Wii
Area Number/Name: Pythios' Desert
Notes: The quicksand pits of this game are instant-death.

Game Title: Mira Co Rescue
Platform: PC
Area Number/Name: Emma's Garden
Notes: Sinking as depicted in this game is shown as a status effect.

Game Title: Heileen 2: The Hands of Fate
Platform: PC
Area Number/Name: N/A
Notes: The sinking scene is part of a set of scenarios shown via map selection.

User avatar
luckykid77
Posts: 149
Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 8:10 am
Contact:

Re: Game Bog

Postby luckykid77 » Tue May 05, 2020 6:05 pm

elefseus wrote:At last, here is footage for Dragon Marked for Death, thanks to the PC release.

Here are also some new finds, in addition to updated videos for Sinisistar and Adventure Island II, III, and IV.

Game Title: Metaloid: Origin
Platform: PC, PS4, Switch
Area Number/Name: Toxin Swamp
Notes: Quicksand here is not lethal, and can hide some items underneath.

Game Title: Giana's Return
Platform: Dreamcast, GameCube, PC, PSP, Wii
Area Number/Name: Pythios' Desert
Notes: The quicksand pits of this game are instant-death.

Game Title: Mira Co Rescue
Platform: PC
Area Number/Name: Emma's Garden
Notes: Sinking as depicted in this game is shown as a status effect.

Game Title: Heileen 2: The Hands of Fate
Platform: PC
Area Number/Name: N/A
Notes: The sinking scene is part of a set of scenarios shown via map selection.


Good to have you around again!

User avatar
Black Clay Lord
Posts: 282
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:48 pm
Location: Winchester, KY
Contact:

Re: Game Bog

Postby Black Clay Lord » Thu May 14, 2020 4:48 am

I have learned there's quicksand in Blaster Master Zero 2. It is located on Planet Divido, the main planet of Area F. It is divided into 2 halves: A Desert, and a Glacier. The former has the quicksand of which I speak. You can sink in it, and there are passages within some of its depths. However, you spend more time in the tank so it's not very likely Eve will be sink. However, the Empress from Dragon Marked for Death is DLC for the game, so that's a softened blow.
There is but one certainty - every end marks a new beginning.
My Steam Account: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198272052828/

User avatar
GothicSimmer
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:56 pm
Contact:

Re: Game Bog

Postby GothicSimmer » Thu May 14, 2020 9:20 am

I've noticed that only females are shown/mentioned in the thread, I'm wondering if games that have quicksand but only allow you to play as a male character would qualify. Does the game have to include an option to play as a female for it to be discussed here?

Although it's in development, my game will have quicksand which you may recall being from the Quicksand for RPG Maker MV dwmo. It will have a male character in addition to female characters and it includes both lethal and non-lethal quicksand. If lethal, the character will begin sinking and move slower with each stage indicated by a timer. The last stage will deal damage to all characters until they exit the quicksand. Non-lethal quicksand simply slows down the character. Here's the graphic when you sink although I only have Rebecca's at the moment.
Rebecca sinking stages.png
The 4 stages of sinking in quicksand. 4th stage is the "damage" stage.

Rebecca quicksand example.png
This is how it would look in-game.

I've noticed that you can now record RPG Maker MV games with OBS using Window Capture though you need at least Windows 10 1909. Previously when I tried to record, I couldn't get the game to show up. RPG Maker XP, VX, and VX Ace games didn't have this issue.

User avatar
BogDog
Posts: 1159
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:18 am
Location: California

Re: Game Bog

Postby BogDog » Thu May 14, 2020 6:24 pm

Discussions can be any gender that pleases you. Bring it. I don't think you are alone here with that thought.

But keep in mind that female sinking and stuck situations tend to dominate here as far as the majority of member interests go. The damsel in distress draws more eyes than the jock in jeopardy :lol:

Take care, and be well. :)


P.S......I use Powersoft video screen recorder for my movies: https://www.apowersoft.com/screen-recorder.html
"Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

User avatar
TAP_bagan
Posts: 342
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:06 am
Location: Blubberton TX
Contact:

Re: Game Bog

Postby TAP_bagan » Thu May 14, 2020 7:50 pm

I would recommend OBS for recording, it's free and you can stream with it.
My DeviantART Account http://tapbagan.deviantart.com/
Discord Account: TAPbagan #4746
Steam Acccount: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tapbagan/
I take Manip requests, PM me if you have one.

User avatar
SinkerCutie
Posts: 592
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:50 am

Re: Game Bog

Postby SinkerCutie » Fri May 15, 2020 1:26 am

Black Clay Lord wrote:I have learned there's quicksand in Blaster Master Zero 2. It is located on Planet Divido, the main planet of Area F. It is divided into 2 halves: A Desert, and a Glacier. The former has the quicksand of which I speak. You can sink in it, and there are passages within some of its depths. However, you spend more time in the tank so it's not very likely Eve will be sink. However, the Empress from Dragon Marked for Death is DLC for the game, so that's a softened blow.

I wish Shantae was playable, too...

User avatar
BogDog
Posts: 1159
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:18 am
Location: California

Re: Game Bog

Postby BogDog » Fri May 15, 2020 2:32 pm

I tried OBS, but it didn't seem to work with CrackleCradlePlusExtended. Maybe just my system. I really need to upgrade. My PC is an intel i5 over 10 years old.

Speaking of game-based, got the newest one out (shameless plug) ;) : https://youtu.be/XduFq4ZLDdo
"Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne


Return to “Nuggets”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests