Game Bog

Share Your Media Finds! Includes scans and incidental on-topic images, as well as links to on-topic items at photo and video sharing sites. Material created by the community should be posted in the Member Submissions forums. Information Nuggets go to General Discussion.
BogDog

Re: Game Bog

Postby BogDog » Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:56 am

Oh, TOO cool. I can wait to see what they came up with (a team effort, I believe). Not long ago he was asking me about making a preview movie for it showing how to do some things, then had a change of mind and decided to leave it all a surprise. I kept mum but new little about what was to come. This will be as much a surprise for me as everyone. Oboy-oboy-oboy-obo.....!
"Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

SinkerCutie

Postby SinkerCutie » Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:11 am

Does anybody have anything to post? I think some of the mentioned games lack any vids or pics of the quicksand.

BogDog

Postby BogDog » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:00 pm

Mudbait has a few photos up, but it still looks the same. Same mud and quicksand.

He DID add an effect that strips the victims clothes off as they struggle in the clinging muck: https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca88777 ... nyUXYWsWP8
"Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Musekal

Postby Musekal » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:30 pm

SinkerCutie wrote:Does anybody have anything to post? I think some of the mentioned games lack any vids or pics of the quicksand.

They would post it if they did.

Black Clay Lord

Postby Black Clay Lord » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:11 pm

I'd like to share about an 80s styled game known as Panzer Paladin. You play as a rescue droid with a giant robot called a paladin.

In this game, there's quicksand in the level based on Egypt.

Plus, Phoenotopia Awakening mentions quicksand. I will look deeper into Phoenotpia Awakening and share evidence if the quicksand part is true.
There is but one certainty - every end marks a new beginning. "—and methodically knocking peoples' hats off. Then I account it high time to get to sea as soon as I ca—"

SinkerCutie

Postby SinkerCutie » Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:36 pm

Black Clay Lord wrote:I'd like to share about an 80s styled game known as Panzer Paladin. You play as a rescue droid with a giant robot called a paladin.

In this game, there's quicksand in the level based on Egypt.

Plus, Phoenotopia Awakening mentions quicksand. I will look deeper into Phoenotpia Awakening and share evidence if the quicksand part is true.

Have an update on the Phoenotpia Awakening scenario?

Black Clay Lord

Postby Black Clay Lord » Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:58 pm

Ah yeah. I've confirmed quicksand is in Phoenotopia Awakening.

It's located in a desert south of Atai Town. It's treated like water, meaning you fall in it, and lose a little heath without something to float with.

UPDATE: Phoenotopia Awakening was recently updated with the ability to take screen captures. I will get a capture of the quicksand later.
Last edited by Black Clay Lord on Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is but one certainty - every end marks a new beginning. "—and methodically knocking peoples' hats off. Then I account it high time to get to sea as soon as I ca—"

SinkerCutie

Postby SinkerCutie » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:47 am

elefseus wrote:Some Final Fantasy titles may contain quicksand or bottomless swamps, which can either be as an element in dungeons/maps, or as a battle technique. Below is a selection of some of these instances.
FFII -> In Arcana Labyrinth (PSP/Mobile exclusive bonus dungeon), there is a quicksand tile in the desert area, which leads to a hidden room that contains the Oasis key term.
FFIII -> The Bottomless Bog, which acts as a deterrent to accessing Goldor's Mansion, yields a Game Over if the player does not have the Levigrass Boots. Luneth is the one who is involved in the cutscene, where he sinks up to his waist.
FFVI -> Mog's Dance ability has some OHKO abilities, both of which involve sinking. Snare works using the Twilight Requiem, and Antlion is part of the Desert Lullaby. In the video, the enemies' AI scripts were modified in order to present these techniques easily, with the player as the target.

It's been a while since Final Fantasy was mentioned, but I just remembered that the Geomancer job in FFV can gain an ability called Gaia. Gaia unleashes a random effect based on the terrain. It can unleash Quicksand in deserts and Bottomless Bog in swamps. Both are instant death, but Quicksand targets only one enemy while Bottomless Bog targets the entire enemy party. Enemies have access to a special attack called Quicksand, but their version only deals damage and inflicts the Sap effect. The Catch ability can be used on some enemies so that the player can use this version as well.

Black Clay Lord

Postby Black Clay Lord » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:32 pm

I bear fruit from Phoenotopia Awakening.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SinkerCutie

Postby SinkerCutie » Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:07 am

Nice. Now we just need some vids.

Return to “Nuggets”