Sword and Sandal Scene

Share Your Media Finds! Includes scans and incidental on-topic images, as well as links to on-topic items at photo and video sharing sites. Material created by the community should be posted in the Member Submissions forums. Information Nuggets go to General Discussion.
Duncan Edwards

Re: Sword and Sandal Scene

Postby Duncan Edwards » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:38 pm

Tim wrote:There is a film (which I've never seen) called The Acid Eaters, I believe this has two girls fighting and one falls in quicksand?

Anyone ever seen this? There is a 10 minute truncated version on Youtube, but no QS.

Yes, it is a relatively well known and documented scene. Dave had it on his original cliptapes and I'm pretty sure it was on "Quicksandmovies.net" years ago. The scene does involve a catfight where one girl gets her top ripped off. She runs away to avoid a beating and the shot cuts quickly to her being waist deep in a sandy area. The others gather around and watch as she casually tells them she'll see them in hell. One of the crowd of biker/stoner/acid eaters around her mentions "Wow! I never really saw quicksand before." The next shot jumps to her extended arm giving the finger to the spectators. They reverently mark the spot with a thoughtful verse on a sign that reads "Here lies a girl with useless thighs and mud in her eyes" or something like that. All of this is done in that "silly sixties movie" kind of atmosphere that you won't really get unless you were there for some of it. I have the entire movie on VHS and found it interesting for several reasons beyond the relatively brief and lame scene. 8-)
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:01 pm

The weird part is I think that scene could have worked really well if the sinking had been done better. The idea of a group of folks watching mesmerized as an attractive lady slips under is... well... sort of the bread and butter around here, huh? ;)

Might be worth revisiting as a remake of some sort... maybe?

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:53 pm

PM2K wrote:The weird part is I think that scene could have worked really well if the sinking had been done better. The idea of a group of folks watching mesmerized as an attractive lady slips under is... well... sort of the bread and butter around here, huh? ;)

Sure but who can we get to stand around and watch an attractive, large breasted, naked lady sink in quicksand? Get real. 8-)
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:05 am

bart1997 wrote:
Boggy Man wrote:
There is the Xena & Callisto scene, where, after a chariot fight, they both end up in quicksand, and only Xena escapes with her life! 8-)

I vaguely remember this one from youtube and think it was quite a good one. When i just wanted to check that scene i discovered that this got deleted.
There are tons of Xena/Callisto-Videos, but that one, you want to see is gone of course! :evil:

So please, if someone else possesses that scene, please reup.

Check out this thread! 8-)
I sink, therefore I WAM!!!!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

Weapon X

Postby Weapon X » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:53 pm

Duncan Edwards wrote:
PM2K wrote:The weird part is I think that scene could have worked really well if the sinking had been done better. The idea of a group of folks watching mesmerized as an attractive lady slips under is... well... sort of the bread and butter around here, huh? ;)

Sure but who can we get to stand around and watch an attractive, large breasted, naked lady sink in quicksand? Get real. 8-)

AHEM...(cough, cough)....I would gladly volunteer my services....

Return to “Nuggets”