How the Russians make quicksand video

Share Your Media Finds! Includes scans and incidental on-topic images, as well as links to on-topic items at photo and video sharing sites. Material created by the community should be posted in the Member Submissions forums. Information Nuggets go to General Discussion.
Billie Bonce

Re: How the Russians make quicksand video

Postby Billie Bonce » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:59 am

PM2K wrote:And I didn't even read the novel... ;)
If you have seen the movie, then you didn't miss much. The movie was done pretty thoroughly. And the author's style anyway would be lost in the translation. The bog scene in the novel takes the same place as in the movie.

PM2K wrote:I was just thinking out loud... in case some producer out there is thinking of doing a similar scene one day. They could take their cues from that one...

Could be. I've seen some Soviet movie with the bog like that. A man working in the forest see a strange girl in a white dress, runs after her and gets into the bog, struggles, sinks to his neck. The girl disappears. Then an old lady comes with a rope, ties the rope to a tree and tosses it to the man, then goes away. The man pulls himself out using the rope. Then he tells the story to his friends. I don't remember anything before and after that moment, have no idea how to find that movie, etc. I remember, though, that the girl was real, the granddaughter of that old lady. They lived in the forest.

But if we want to see a fetish segment in a mainstream movie, I don't think there is any good recipe to directors and producers. The success is hardly achievable. Just look at the complaints in the producer area of this forum! One wish more legs, the other wish long agonizing death of the victim, the third wants to see the F-sized boobs floating, the fourth - head first with the bum popping out. :lol:

PM2K wrote:Not ruling out the total idiot idea.... perhaps a Russian equal to Paris Hilton?

Do we speak about Xenia Sobchak? http://images.google.com.ua/images?q=xenia+sobchak :lol:

Well, the quicksand video with her would be like a nuclear bomb. I guess the half of Russian population would turn into quicksand fetishists with especial interest in grim endings. I almost see the comments "The dirty bitch ended up in a place that she deserves". And her brutal swearing in the process of sinking would be priceless, too. If only the shooting crew could survive her attacks...

Boggy Man wrote:
Billie Bonce wrote:if she is motivated (say, she has to pick some very useful berries to prepare medicine for her granny), then everything may happen (and happens).

For example, a situation such as this? :twisted:

Yeah, I kept this in mind ;)

Well, I stumbled upon a news article about three children (10 to 12 years old) who spent four hours chin deep in a quagmire. Not in Russia, but here in Ukraine. Picking the berries in the bogs is their usual job (they sell them on the market). That day they went to the bog in the evening and got stuck in a bad place. There was a thunderstorm, so nobody heard their screams for a long time. After they were rescued the suffered from hypothermia, but they went home from the hospital on the next day - didn't even caught cold. Seriously, that happens...
There’s so many different worlds
So many different suns
And we have just one world
But we live in different ones

testao

Postby testao » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:36 am

some one have this video?

Billie Bonce

Postby Billie Bonce » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:36 pm

testao wrote:some one have this video?
which one "this"?

If you mean the Russian series "Lace", then I doubt anyone has it. There are 12 episodes, 45 min each. In Russian. Nobody has any guess where the interesting scene is. And nobody knows is the scene really interesting. The only thing known for sure - the girl is cute.
There’s so many different worlds
So many different suns
And we have just one world
But we live in different ones

Sandyandy

Postby Sandyandy » Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:37 pm

Awesome posting, Billie. Thanks. Definatley was a great scene, one I could watch over and over again, and not get bored with it, like I do with some scenes.

Return to “Nuggets”