Tarzan 1960's TV Series (M)

Share Your Media Finds! Includes scans and incidental on-topic images, as well as links to on-topic items at photo and video sharing sites. Material created by the community should be posted in the Member Submissions forums. Information Nuggets go to General Discussion.
Tim

Tarzan 1960's TV Series (M)

Postby Tim » Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:25 am

Hi

I recently picked up the official DVD's for this show, which offer pristine picture compared to the grotty and faded youtube clips around.

Although I have no means of taking clips, for your enjoyment I have copied a few screenshots of the famous scene from the episode "Deadly Silence", which shows great colour and clarity of what they were sinking into.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

dlodoski
Wizard of Ooze

Re: Tarzan 1960's TV Series (M)

Postby dlodoski » Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:47 pm

Tim wrote:Hi

I recently picked up the official DVD's for this show, which offer pristine picture compared to the grotty and faded youtube clips around.

Although I have no means of taking clips, for your enjoyment I have copied a few screenshots of the famous scene from the episode "Deadly Silence", which shows great colour and clarity of what they were sinking into.

Nice. :) Thanks
The Wizard of Ooze stays behind the curtain!

https://allmylinks.com/dlodoski

Stay signed up to Club MPV and bank 10 free download tokens every month!

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:22 pm

Very nice indeed! Thanks! :D

Chimerix

Postby Chimerix » Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:02 pm

Sweet!

Look into both MPEG Streamclip and Handbrake. Both are freeware that allow you to rip segments from DVDs as video files.
The difference between theory and reality is that, in theory, there is no difference between theory and reality.

rhinodynamo

Postby rhinodynamo » Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:41 am

That is clear! Clearer than I've ever seen. Thanx for posting. One of my earliest scenes. If you get time do you think you could post some grabs or clips from the End of The River episode?

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:58 am

There are also interesting scenes in "The Three Faces Of Death" (quicksand as one of the perils in a cage), and the one which really captured my fascination, "Four O'Clock Army" (man gets sucked down well below the surface before the quicksand finally closes its "mouth" :shock: )!
I sink, therefore I WAM!!!!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

rhinodynamo

Postby rhinodynamo » Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:22 am

Yes! I forgot about that one Boggy Man. That one would be good too. The fourth one you mentioned might be the fourth and most elusive scene I remember with Jai and some hunter-like figure who falls in and needs Jai's help.

Tim

Postby Tim » Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:42 pm

Here are a couple of pictures from the hunter who chases Jai, episode is called "End of a Challenge".

It's pretty watery and he sinks deep straightaway, but it still looks quite good.

Working through the series, there were a lot of very beautiful female guest stars, too bad none of them ever got in this trouble.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rhinodynamo

Postby rhinodynamo » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:32 am

Thanks Tim. Thats the 3rd and most uncommon scene from the show. If Boggy is correct then there is a 4th clip from the show that I have never seen.

Tim

Postby Tim » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:12 pm

rhinodynamo wrote:do you think you could post some grabs or clips from the End of The River episode?

Here are a few pics from End of the River. Tarzan pulls the guy out, but falls in himself, and gets help from an elephant.

They built a good set for this, but shot it very poorly from a low angle, so you don't really get a good look of what they are in for most of the time.

Return to “Nuggets”