The Astrologer (1975)

Share Your Media Finds! Includes scans and incidental on-topic images, as well as links to on-topic items at photo and video sharing sites. Material created by the community should be posted in the Member Submissions forums. Information Nuggets go to General Discussion.
Duncan Edwards

Re: The Astrologer (1975)

Postby Duncan Edwards » Sun Mar 20, 2022 3:09 am

Can you believe this absolutely god-awful movie is available on Blu-Ray? This thing is awful even by awful standards. I mean, we're talking Ed Wood level of bad. And that's not even so bad it's good. It's just bad bad. They changed the name to Suicide Cult to cash in on the Jim Jones mass murder. What does that tell you? The best part of the entire move is that disembodied screaming of the victim.

But, it's out there on blu-ray. Guess we better get it and see if there's anything that explains the obviously wretched cut on the scene.
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

Mudbogz

Postby Mudbogz » Sun Mar 20, 2022 6:44 am

I'm not sure Ed Wood would have claimed this one... LOL

TK421

Postby TK421 » Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:04 am

Duncan Edwards wrote:Can you believe this absolutely god-awful movie is available on Blu-Ray? This thing is awful even by awful standards. I mean, we're talking Ed Wood level of bad. And that's not even so bad it's good. It's just bad bad. They changed the name to Suicide Cult to cash in on the Jim Jones mass murder. What does that tell you? The best part of the entire move is that disembodied screaming of the victim.

But, it's out there on blu-ray. Guess we better get it and see if there's anything that explains the obviously wretched cut on the scene.

That was absolutely the worst dumpster fire I’ve ever seen. I don’t even think the brilliant minds over at Mystery Science Theater 3000 and Rifftrax could have made that any easier to watch!
“We have no food.
We have no jobs.
OUR PETS HEADS ARE FALLING OFF!”

rhinodynamo

Postby rhinodynamo » Tue Mar 22, 2022 1:02 am

I feel bad I brought this to everyone’s attention now. A hand, really??! That’s it? What a poorly executed scene. It’s like the quicksand scene that wasn’t. :oops:

rhinodynamo

Postby rhinodynamo » Tue Mar 22, 2022 1:04 am

And there must have been a really bad edit/ cut scene too because the guy’s covered in qs but is never seen in it.

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:26 pm

Okay, I tried to get what I thought was the DVD for this. I was amazed that such a thing was available so I checked carefully against the 1976 movie of the same name. They are both low budget disasters although the later one wasn't quite as awful. I know this because the one I got was the 1976 version and it's just as bad but there's nothing of interest in it. An actress named Monica Tidwell who keeps losing her wardrobe but after that there's really NOTHING of interest. Looks like anything about this movie is just lost to time.
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

somebodyelse

Postby somebodyelse » Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:51 pm

Never thought "Mars" from "The Planets" would ever be the background music for a woman drowning in quicksand. Guess I was wrong. :lol: :lol:

Also, the guy didn't really look like he was sad that she died, especially with the music in the next scene.

Jaina76

Postby Jaina76 » Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:47 pm

somebodyelse wrote:
Also, the guy didn't really look like he was sad that she died, especially with the music in the next scene.

Judging by the way she was screaming and hollering while she was "sinking", he was probably thankful for the peace and quiet that followed her submergence. :D

Return to “Nuggets”