VIDEO *new german peatbog experiment*

Share Your Media Finds! Includes scans and incidental on-topic images, as well as links to on-topic items at photo and video sharing sites. Material created by the community should be posted in the Member Submissions forums. Information Nuggets go to General Discussion.
mudboy19

VIDEO *new german peatbog experiment*

Postby mudboy19 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:07 pm

Hi,
I could watch a new "can-u-really-sink-into-a-bog"-experiment on a german TV channel called Pro7, series: "Galileo". They already have done such a test in big tub if u can remember... but this time the clip was shot anywhere in a german peat bog. :D

http://www.prosieben.at/video/galileo-15-januar-2010-1.1337396/
The part of the boggy adventure should start around 2 min after the beginning...

REMARK: Unfortunately u'll need to install any of those "new" web players as the girl/guy on the short clip might inform you before if u don't have the stupid new thing...

To all peatbog lovers: Is your mud also that much sticky???? Please comment! THX

gamwam

Re: VIDEO *new german peatbog experiment*

Postby gamwam » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:59 pm

im an avid peat bog sinker and i can tel lyou that no,. peat bog mud isnt really sticky,... but it does stick to body hair

unfortunatley i cant watch the video as im told thats its not available in my country,.. so if anyones got the ability to download it to file it would be great if they could send mea copy

cheers x

coneylm

Postby coneylm » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:35 am

For those who are confident about technical issues, you can change the HTTP proxy in your browser to one based in Germany:

HTTP Proxy: 87.118.92.88
Port: 7777

This worked for me, though you might need to reload a few times before it plays (also, the video wouldn't play in Firefox - only IE).

bart1997

-

Postby bart1997 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:50 am

-
Last edited by bart1997 on Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gamwam

Postby gamwam » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:54 pm

darn,.. tried the proxy but that diddnt work either on IE or Chrome,... butthen i am on windows 7 which can be fussy

oh well,.. thanx for the info anyway guys x

bart1997

-

Postby bart1997 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:58 pm

-

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:11 am

bart1997 wrote:Okay, i used a screen capture program to "download" this video (no sound, mediocre quality, but its okay for getting an impression). Size is about 10 MB in the MP4-Format. I tried to post this video as an attachment but everytime it says "the fileformat is not allowed", even when i change this to flv, bmp, jpg.

So what i have to do? Maybe one of the more prominent members here want this video and post it on their Youtube-Account or post a link on their Webspace?

According to what I heard, the mainstream material is not allowed to be uploaded here as attachments. Instead, a link here has to be provided to the location of the material, whether it is the original location, or a file sharing site that you uploaded it to (YouTube, Megaupload, Rapidshare, etc).
I sink, therefore I WAM!!!!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

bart1997

-

Postby bart1997 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:32 am

-

Billie Bonce

Postby Billie Bonce » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:58 am

Thank you very much for posting that on YouTube!

It's rather funny video! Looks like more a directed show for demonstration of how (and why) a person may become a victim for mud, rather than "an experiment". The mud doesn't seem to be a sort of peat, more like mineral stuff.

Did I understand correctly that before the guy entered the mud pit the second time he was instructed how should he behave to escape? (I watched the video at work, without sound). It seemed that the first time he simulated the behavior of unaware person - first he let the mud to suck him down too deep, then he moved chaotically as if he was in panic, and all his "helplessness" seemed to be acted. The second time he seemed to know what to do, despite it wasn't easy (again, it seemed that his desperate pulling at his thighs was a bit overacted).

Well, if there was a damsel instead of that guy... :roll:
There’s so many different worlds
So many different suns
And we have just one world
But we live in different ones

mudboy19

Postby mudboy19 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:58 pm

Billie Bonce wrote: The mud doesn't seem to be a sort of peat, more like mineral stuff.

Believe me, its peat, there are no other black kinds of mud in Central Europe which can get so deep. Every peatbog near me looks similar to that ... BUT It could be true that this is not a natural spot in the bog but some kind of mud waste plant (the might use the "good" stuff for cosmetics).

By the way: THANK YOU VERY MUCH bart1997 for uploading the vid on youtube - it was not clear to me that the tv channel has a restriction on the online content! ... which actually is just stupid, cause even if watching that in foreign countries of it is prohibited - NOBODY does understand German on earth except Germans LOL! So I don't think that the millions of Americans, Chinese etc are a treath to Pro7 :D!!!

Return to “Nuggets”