VIDEO *new german peatbog experiment*

Share Your Media Finds! Includes scans and incidental on-topic images, as well as links to on-topic items at photo and video sharing sites. Material created by the community should be posted in the Member Submissions forums. Information Nuggets go to General Discussion.
Billie Bonce

Re: VIDEO *new german peatbog experiment*

Postby Billie Bonce » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:54 pm

mudboy19 wrote:... it was not clear to me that the tv channel has a restriction on the online content! ... which actually is just stupid, cause even if watching that in foreign countries of it is prohibited - NOBODY does understand German on earth except Germans LOL! So I don't think that the millions of Americans, Chinese etc are a treath to Pro7 :D!!!
Hey, don't be as sure. In the good old USSR more people studied German than English in schools.

I wasn't surprised when I got message that the video is not delivered for Ukraine (it's a very common situation, many web-sites won't open for Ukraine as they believe they can withstand piracy in such a way). I was more surprised when I used Opera Turbo mode, that actually connects any Opera user via a proxy, and still got the refusal. That means, they don't deliver their services to Norway, too. I was even more surprised when I successfully used a proxy suggested in this topic (which is in Austria, I believe), and I got another refusal, that time because of some incompatible software/hardware. At which moment I decided that "Pro7 are idiots". Well, still I grateful to them for their efforts in popularizing an idea of inescapable bog. I really enjoy it.
There’s so many different worlds
So many different suns
And we have just one world
But we live in different ones

Aiko

Re: VIDEO *new german peatbog experiment*

Postby Aiko » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:17 pm

Interesting video. Like one of the previous experiments on German TV, it explains that the real danger is the rapidly dropping body temperature. That's assuming, of course, you get stuck like the guy in the video so skillfully demonstrates. :)

As for the issue of accessing it from outside Germany, that's actually no surprise at all. Most streaming services restrict access to certain countries. That's simply because they often do not have the rights to stream world-wide, so they're legally bound to take such measures.
Visit me at the Great Swamp, but watch your step on the way there!

Return to “Nuggets”