Movie Photos

Share Your Media Finds! Includes scans and incidental on-topic images, as well as links to on-topic items at photo and video sharing sites. Material created by the community should be posted in the Member Submissions forums. Information Nuggets go to General Discussion.
Tim

Movie Photos

Postby Tim » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:52 pm

Hi

Here's a small group of photos / lobby cards I came across relating to QS movie scenes. I hope these have not been previously posted, I don't recall seeing them myself.

A couple are only from the perimeter of the sink, but I thought would still be off interest. All these photos shed a new light on some of our favourite scenes, and sometimes have a greater clarity than the film footage itself. The Ursus photo gives us hope that the photographer took a snap of the girl in the mire, although nothing turned up so far

Always on the lookout for some more. Hope you enjoy.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

dlodoski
Wizard of Ooze

Re: Movie Photos

Postby dlodoski » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:12 pm

Thank you very much for finding and posting these. They are all gems. :)

Tim wrote:...All these photos shed a new light on some of our favourite scenes, and sometimes have a greater clarity than the film footage itself...

You got that right!

Dave
The Wizard of Ooze stays behind the curtain!

https://allmylinks.com/dlodoski

Stay signed up to Club MPV and bank 10 free download tokens every month!

Sandyandy

Postby Sandyandy » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:18 pm

Shame the "Valley of the lions" shot was on dry land, as that is a great scene.
Not complaining though, thanks for putting these up. Some great scenes there. :D

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:17 pm

Great stuff as always, Tim! Thanks for finding these and then posting them! :D

BTW - hope you pop by the comic section.. I've been finding some cool stuff lately... :)

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:55 pm

Wonderful stuff, truly a gift. I love these. The next shot after the one of Anita Ekberg in The Mongols was published in Life magazine. I picked it up at a flea market and after seeing it I chased around for years trying to find it. I believe it was the first video I actually went out and ordered so I could get that scene. Thanks. 8-)
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

General Woundwort

Postby General Woundwort » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:51 am

Though the "quicksand" in The Mongols is muddy water, she certainly helps one ignore a less-than-perfect sinking medium. ;)

Very nice selection of photos of course, thank you very much for sharing them.

Return to “Nuggets”