Qs Australia

Share Your Media Finds! Includes scans and incidental on-topic images, as well as links to on-topic items at photo and video sharing sites. Material created by the community should be posted in the Member Submissions forums. Information Nuggets go to General Discussion.

DJlurker

Re: Qs Australia

Postby DJlurker » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:13 pm

I feel bad for that couple… So glad they escaped safely...

bogbud

Postby bogbud » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:19 pm

I wonder what this was exactly. Does not sound like the quicksand-stories we read from i.e. the english coast or what we see on youtube.
Maybe it was literally some hole (lower layer of sand washed away by groundwater, upper layer still there) and she fell through.
I'm already chindeep in this mudbog and every desperate attempt to move my stuck legs only drives me deeper in. The thick mud slowly swamps my waders and my arms have nothing to hold onto.
I'm feeling home.

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:26 pm

Kind of sounds like a sinkhole...

malice_331

Postby malice_331 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:32 am

Wow really is a small world. I know those 2 havn't seen them in years though and never heard about this on the news (living in sydney i likely wouldn't as this took place in Queensland). Have to drop them a line some time and find out the full story.

Beast260

Postby Beast260 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:59 pm

https://www.frasercoastchronicle.com.au/news/within-seconds-we-were-submerged-in-the-sand/3165793/

link to the first story with a vid of sam talking about what happened.

does sound more like a sink hole or sand boil. im from vic, got plenty of wetlands around my area to play in and never had anything happen like this.

Return to “Nuggets”