Indiana Jones fan film

Share Your Media Finds! Includes scans and incidental on-topic images, as well as links to on-topic items at photo and video sharing sites. Material created by the community should be posted in the Member Submissions forums. Information Nuggets go to General Discussion.
linuxusr

Indiana Jones fan film

Postby linuxusr » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:14 pm

Found this by chance. Someone made a fan film for Indiana Jones with a quicksand scene in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPQD80MlM8g&t=1970

mudmaiden

Re: Indiana Jones fan film

Postby mudmaiden » Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:26 am

Nice Find!
Tarzan to Jill Hardy: Girl be still. Not sink!!"
From "Valley Of Mystery" : Don't struggle and do not thrash around; that just makes things worse!

Also: check me out at:
http://mudmaiden.deviantart.com/gallery/

quagmire_uk

Postby quagmire_uk » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:16 pm

Wow, a long scene, of a woman in dry desert quicksand, with attempted rescue, that ended up having a grim ending! A very rare find. And despite it being a low budget fan film, it was better than many old Hollywood scenes.

At first it seemed like she wasn't going to sink any deeper, and I thought "Oh, she's just standing in a hole dug in the sand, they couldn't figure out a way to have her actually sink..." So then it was a pleasant surprise when Dr. Jones got hit by the bad guy, and he let go of the whip, and she sank deeper! Fits in nicely with the quicksand concept that 'struggling makes you sink deeper' - she was actually fine until the attempted rescue!

At first I thought it was a bit annoying that she was telling him to 'pull stronger'... but given that she ended up sinking to her doom, I guess she had a point! Seems like the quicksand worked by the old classic Hollywood logic that quicksand actually 'sucks you down', so even holding onto a rope wasn't enough to stop her sinking. Indiana Jones needed to pull harder than the suction of the quicksand... and he wasn't actually up to the task!

Is a bit silly that the other woman - with the shovel, who saved Dr. Jones from the baddie - didn't also try to help and pull on the whip. But of course, in real life people make similar stupid decisions. (Though you'd think that maybe Dr. Jones or the sinking woman might think to ask for her help.)

I'd love to see this scene re-enacted by any of our quicksand scene producers. Would work nicely as a muddy bog in a jungle as well. Due to the lack of male quicksand models, it could always be done with a woman explorer instead of Indiana Jones.

It could be redone as a scene with a rescue and happy ending. When the victim is submerging, the hero/heroine could step into the quicksand herself to grab the victim, and rely on the other woman for help. (Once the rescue is over, could have the villain wake up, the fight continue, and have the villain fall in...)

quickman

Postby quickman » Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:27 am

The bad guy should have ended up in the quicksand

Return to “Nuggets”