An old favourite of mine cartoon.

Share Your Media Finds! Includes scans and incidental on-topic images, as well as links to on-topic items at photo and video sharing sites. Material created by the community should be posted in the Member Submissions forums. Information Nuggets go to General Discussion.
heath1968

An old favourite of mine cartoon.

Postby heath1968 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:26 pm

Here is an old cartoon The Mighty Hercules... ( Helena In Quicksand )...

http://media.photobucket.com/video/quic ... 1.flv?o=29

PM2K
Always Remembered

Re: An old favourite of mine cartoon.

Postby PM2K » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:16 am

There's an oldie and goodie! :D

bbjohn

Postby bbjohn » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:58 am

The Mighty Hercules. I watched that show when I was a little boy in Michigan. It was broadcast over Channel 9, CKLW-TV, which was located just across the river from Detroit in Windsor, Ontario, Canada. My family moved from the Detroit area in 1966, and I never saw the series again. I'd all but forgotten about it until Disney's animated feature "Hercules" came out in 1997. At the time, I vaguely recalled there had been a Hercules cartoon series when I was a small boy. I couldn't find any information about it at the time, so I wondered if maybe I was imagining things.

Then, in the early 2000s, I got access to the Internet. There, on Kaol's site, were stills of Helena struggling in quicksand. I immediately remembered her and I knew I hadn't been imagining things. There really had been a Hercules cartoon series in the mid-1960s. From further Internet research, I learned the show was produced by TransLux, the same people who later brought us Speed Racer. I also found the show has quite a following to this day.

It's odd that I would remember Helena. I guess I've always liked blondes in miniskirts.

Thanks for posting this link. It makes me recall a special time in my life.

Big Bad John

water_bug_62208

Postby water_bug_62208 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:08 pm

I recall first seeing this when I was around three or four years old. It was the scene that made me realize there was something about women's legs, and women's legs stuck and sinking in quicksand, that was very special. I do like a good "thigh stuck" when it comes to leggy gals sinking in quicksand or mud. Thanks for sharing!

Return to “Nuggets”