Short independent film

Share Your Media Finds! Includes scans and incidental on-topic images, as well as links to on-topic items at photo and video sharing sites. Material created by the community should be posted in the Member Submissions forums. Information Nuggets go to General Discussion.
DJlurker

Re: Short independent film

Postby DJlurker » Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:45 pm

domman00016 wrote:It was an intentional sink but never really talked about it. They talked about the drama in there life. No sinking action just cuts to then deeper.

Talk about a let down… Epic fail. :evil:

Chimerix

Postby Chimerix » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:40 pm

While I am glad that these folks got their film made, and picked up by Amazon, and that quicksand is a central element...

How very disappointing.

I mean, I knew it wasn't going to be a fetish film. And it is fairly well made. Decent technically, decent performances, decent-if-completely-predictable dialogue. A couple of strange editing choices, but it's an indie, so that's kind of to be expected. But there's no sinking, not even a mention of the "q" word, just a couple of dusty people.

I guess my fetish gets in the way of me appreciating it. An episode of the evening news would do as much to scratch my fetish itch as this did, but I don't expect the evening news to accomplish that. This, I wanted to give me at least a tiny thrill.

So, if you like indie films, and like supporting struggling filmmakers, and don't have a vested interest in watching people sink in quicksand, you will probably enjoy They Fall Fast.
The difference between theory and reality is that, in theory, there is no difference between theory and reality.

somebodyelse

Postby somebodyelse » Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:19 am

Where would somebody even find a place like that? It would have been nice to have had a little more backstory about how they found that place.

Return to “Nuggets”