Time Machine 2002 Quicksand Scene

Share Your Media Finds! Includes scans and incidental on-topic images, as well as links to on-topic items at photo and video sharing sites. Material created by the community should be posted in the Member Submissions forums. Information Nuggets go to General Discussion.
mudxdresser

Time Machine 2002 Quicksand Scene

Postby mudxdresser » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:17 pm

Surely this has been posted before but I can't remember seeing it before, and, that includes when I saw the movie! Very brief combination female and creature scene. What is interesting is that it is posted by the actress in the scene!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVRgWulWBSQ&feature=youtu.be

Duncan Edwards

Re: Time Machine 2002 Quicksand Scene

Postby Duncan Edwards » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:42 pm

I remember the scene and always classified it as a "near miss" in my mind. What's really interesting is the stunt woman who did it and a world of other things in movies. Awesome stuff.
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

KIM_UA

Postby KIM_UA » Tue Jan 30, 2024 5:02 pm

I wonder how this scene was made. I mean, what technologies were made so that they fall into the sand?

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm

KIM_UA wrote:I wonder how this scene was made. I mean, what technologies were made so that they fall into the sand?

It's relatively simple with a reasonable budget. You can see the effect of the elevator and an "iris" that left a hole as they descended through that into an open pit. The bad guys involved were supposed to be tunneling creatures so what your really seeing is more like a giant ground hog hitting a poorly excavated entrance than quicksand.
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

Return to “Nuggets”