Female struggling in a mire(2017)

Share Your Media Finds! Includes scans and incidental on-topic images, as well as links to on-topic items at photo and video sharing sites. Material created by the community should be posted in the Member Submissions forums. Information Nuggets go to General Discussion.
ImpracticalFetish

Female struggling in a mire(2017)

Postby ImpracticalFetish » Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:31 pm

A female detective is struggling in a mire untill she is saved.

I found this criminal drama tv-series named "Monster" which was produced and released in Norway 2017.
Apparently you can watch the tv-series on https://tv.nrk.no/serie/monster but you need a VPN since it's restricted to residents living in norway.
I was able to watch it from another nordic streaming service i already had, which you have to pay to use.

The scene itself occurs around 44 mins in, episode 2 season 1(there is only one season).

Synopsis of the scene: A male and female detective is investigating a suspects house. The suspect flee and they begin chasing him through the forest and eventually they come across a mire/bog. The female detective lose track of both the suspect and her colleague and gets her feet stuck in the mire. She calls her colleagues name for help but he is lost himself and accidentally, fatally shots a hunter.
She struggles in the mire untill she is up to her armpit when suddenly an menacing shadow approaches with a large branch, it's the suspect. She fears the worst and cowers in fear of being struck. But instead the suspect throws the branch infront of her and walks away. She uses the branch and frees herself from the muddy mire. Exhausted and covered in mud she lies down.

My personal opinion of the scene is that it's abit lackluster. There is no actual sinking but rather different takes where she is shown deeper in the mire. But there is alot of struggling movement but overall i think the scene is abit short. Nice visual effects though!

I took some sample photos on my phone to show you. Since you won't be able to find photos of the scene online because the tv-series seems rather obscure.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

marvlus

Re: Female struggling in a mire(2017)

Postby marvlus » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:48 pm

link to clip here. its a good one.

marvlus

Postby marvlus » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:49 pm

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:22 pm

Here's where the action begins. It's probably going to hold more interest for stuck fans but it's very well done. Appears that they just went out to an actual fen and shot the real thing.

https://youtu.be/AGlW4iqS4ME?t=2592
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

mudmaiden

Postby mudmaiden » Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:55 pm

The scene is kinda dark. The struggling was pretty good I think. Hoping she would take her jacket off to use as a rope just to see the rest of her body! Would have been nice to see her sink while she struggles. I think it was good. Nice to know some shows and movies still use quicksand as a drama venture1 Thanks for posting and sharing :)
Tarzan to Jill Hardy: Girl be still. Not sink!!"
From "Valley Of Mystery" : Don't struggle and do not thrash around; that just makes things worse!

Also: check me out at:
http://mudmaiden.deviantart.com/gallery/

ImpracticalFetish

Postby ImpracticalFetish » Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:56 pm

Oh ye i remember that link. I came across that youtube link while searching for the tv series but that youtube link is blocked in scandinavian countries i think(It's blocked for me).
The state funded television in scandinavian countries have this funny habit of restricting content produced and related to scandinavian countries on social media because they want us scandinavians to access the content by the television state websites instead. :roll:

beachbum

Postby beachbum » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:30 pm

The amount of time and struggling is wonderful but could have been a little more with sinking as mudmaiden said. However, it is still really good and wish they were more scenes like that nowadays.

AnonymousQuote

Postby AnonymousQuote » Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:19 pm

The best part of that was definitely how thick the mud was, it looked impressively real (makes sense if they actually went out to a big)!
That aside, if she was wearing an actual Fjallraven coat while she was sinking, that poor thing is totally ruined! That's about $500 down the drain :shock:

BogDog

Postby BogDog » Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:25 pm

Not a boots-in-mud fan, but I enjoyed it none-the-less. Thx for sharing.
"Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

bogbud

Postby bogbud » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:29 am

Wow, that bog looks like one I know from lots of own sinks. When it has been dry for a while the level of water sinks and all the moss and peat become the sticky mess like depicted here. Very much the real deal!
I'm already chindeep in this mudbog and every desperate attempt to move my stuck legs only drives me deeper in. The thick mud slowly swamps my waders and my arms have nothing to hold onto.
I'm feeling home.

Return to “Nuggets”