Yoko from Gurren Lagann

Share Your Media Finds! Includes scans and incidental on-topic images, as well as links to on-topic items at photo and video sharing sites. Material created by the community should be posted in the Member Submissions forums. Information Nuggets go to General Discussion.
benmetal

Yoko from Gurren Lagann

Postby benmetal » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:48 pm

Found this on 4chan's /toy/ board. I guess it goes in Nuggets, since I didn't originally create it, although I do have the same figure, in addition to many others.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

dlodoski
Wizard of Ooze

Re: Yoko from Gurren Lagann

Postby dlodoski » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:32 pm

benmetal wrote:Found this on 4chan's /toy/ board. I guess it goes in Nuggets....

Indeed, this is an excellent 'nugget'. :)

Thanks
The Wizard of Ooze stays behind the curtain!

https://allmylinks.com/dlodoski

Stay signed up to Club MPV and bank 10 free download tokens every month!

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:22 pm

This looks so much like something from here that I wonder if its designer is, in fact, somewhere on here.

Since you own one...here's curiosity question for the rest of the forum:

If you saw this in a novelty store, would you spend money on it? How much is it worth to ya?

If you did take it home with you, would you display it?

If you didn't display it, what would you do with it?

Nessie

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:47 am

Nessie wrote:If you saw this in a novelty store, would you spend money on it? How much is it worth to ya?

Nessie

If I could buy something similar in which the figure resembled certain MPV performers I'd probably do it for them. 8-)
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:38 am

Nessie wrote:This looks so much like something from here that I wonder if its designer is, in fact, somewhere on here.

Since you own one...here's curiosity question for the rest of the forum:

If you saw this in a novelty store, would you spend money on it? How much is it worth to ya?

Nessie

It does resemble a certain someone's sculpture art, doesn't it? ;)

As to your questions... yes, whatever they asked for it, what ever I could afford, and yes I'd display it. :D

Northerner

Postby Northerner » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:51 am

The "background stuff," including the ground, brick wall, sign, and cactus come from the "Vash the Stampede" figure from the anime "Trigun", sold by Macfarlane Toys. (I have this figure so I instantly recognized this). http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail

The words "Danger:Quicksand" and the rippling ground effect were Photoshopped into the image.

I'm not sure where the Yoko figure comes from... I'm sure there are probably hundreds of those available :)

To respond to Nessie, if I saw this piece in a store, I would not buy it, since I would not want anybody to see me displaying it. I don't really want to advertise my peculiar sexual fetishes to most of my friends and acquaintances :)
See my art at: DeviantArt, Tumblr, Pixiv

SmileyMcDeath

Postby SmileyMcDeath » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:59 am

4chan's /d/ board occasionally has quicksand and mud-related threads, as well as plenty of non-QS fodder that would be perfect for tasty manips by those of us who are skilled in their creation. There's been three in the last couple of weeks, though as I understand it, that's all but unheard of.

Of course, actually FINDING them involves putting up with the denizens of /d/, who often include idiots wandering in from The Board Which Shall Not Be Named who want to start a row, or people with kinks other than quicksand who somehow find YOUR kink "weird" and will tell you so--over and over again, in a dozen different ways, each dumber than the last. It also requires a bit of intestinal fortitude and an adventurous spirit (it really helps to think tentacles are teh awesome... :D )

benmetal

Postby benmetal » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:24 am

Northerner wrote:The "background stuff," including the ground, brick wall, sign, and cactus come from the "Vash the Stampede" figure from the anime "Trigun", sold by Macfarlane Toys. (I have this figure so I instantly recognized this). http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail

The words "Danger:Quicksand" and the rippling ground effect were Photoshopped into the image.

I'm not sure where the Yoko figure comes from... I'm sure there are probably hundreds of those available :)

I knew the danger sign was shopped, but is the ripply ground really shopped? I didn't know that. If it is, that's a pretty good shop, I could not tell at all, and, honestly, still am not sure I believe you completely.

And the Yoko is by Revoltech, which is a pretty sweet line of nicely articulated and detailed figures. They're mostly giant robots, but their Fraulein line is exclusively anime girls, such as Yoko.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Northerner

Postby Northerner » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:50 am

I didnt think it was Photoshopped at first, but then I tried to figure out how they could get that plastic moulding to get have smooth ripple marks in it, and realized they probably just 'shopped it.
See my art at: DeviantArt, Tumblr, Pixiv

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:17 am

When you said you had this figure, I assumed that you had it exactly as it was pictured. I looked at this but did not examine it in close detail.

Now that it's been said, and I've stared at it in detail, I can (mostly) see what was done, and I can guess else had to have been done to it to get from the figure to the final version, but DANG that looks real.

(I was into woodwork for awhile and I've considered trying to either mold from clay, or carve from wood, a quicksand sculpture. I'm not sure I could really pull it off, though, and besides, I'm not sure what I would do with it when it's done...eBay it?)

Nessie

Return to “Nuggets”