The Devil-Ship Pirates - mire scene

Share Your Media Finds! Includes scans and incidental on-topic images, as well as links to on-topic items at photo and video sharing sites. Material created by the community should be posted in the Member Submissions forums. Information Nuggets go to General Discussion.
Lino

The Devil-Ship Pirates - mire scene

Postby Lino » Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:22 pm

Hi all,

Going through some old VHS tapes and found a scene from a 1964 Hammer movie, The Devil-Ship Pirates, featuring a young Johnny Briggs (Mike Baldwin from Coronation Street) and a very cute blonde. Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/39kkekdcHiI

Jaina76

Re: The Devil-Ship Pirates - mire scene

Postby Jaina76 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:16 am

Wow, I've never seen that one before. Awesome! I wouldn't mind being in her place.

Thank you for posting this!
Last edited by Jaina76 on Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

DJlurker

Postby DJlurker » Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:33 am

I’ve actually seen this before, but not in such high-quality. Thanks! 8-)

dlodoski
Wizard of Ooze

Postby dlodoski » Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:55 am

Yea, I doubt that we'll ever see that clip in substantially better quality. Thank Lino. :)

I'm pretty sure I have the movie on VHS as well - or at least an off-air original VHS recording.

Unless I see that there's a chance for better quality, I'll consider this clip already 're-shared'.
The Wizard of Ooze stays behind the curtain!

https://allmylinks.com/dlodoski

Stay signed up to Club MPV and bank 10 free download tokens every month!

quickman

Postby quickman » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:12 am

And she knew better than to struggle. Who was she?

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:14 pm

The blonde was Susan Farmer. She was also a Hammer regular with Christopher Lee in Dracula and some others.
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

Tim Kelly

Postby Tim Kelly » Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:18 pm

Duncan Edwards wrote:The blonde was Susan Farmer. She was also a Hammer regular with Christopher Lee in Dracula and some others.

According to the IMDB, "Jane" was Natasha Pyne, who played "Karen", one of Patrick Cargill's two daughters in the sitcom "Father, Dear Father" on British TV in the 60s; most of the humour in that production centred on Dad hearing half a conversation and jumping to a totally erroneous conclusion.
Ms Pyne's role, with her "sister", Anna (Anne Holloway), was to provide eye-candy. (or "fanservice" as they call it these days).
"Aaaaaarrrrrrggggghhhhh! Quicksand! I'm sinking! I'll go straight to the bottom of.......GLURP!"
(a month later)
"Ugh! Yukkkh! Ptui! I'm out of it! I'm free! Not even quicksand can defeat the power of.....the Eye of Zoltec!"

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:34 pm

Tim Kelly wrote:
Duncan Edwards wrote:The blonde was Susan Farmer. She was also a Hammer regular with Christopher Lee in Dracula and some others.

According to the IMDB, "Jane" was Natasha Pyne, who played "Karen", one of Patrick Cargill's two daughters in the sitcom "Father, Dear Father" on British TV in the 60s; most of the humour in that production centred on Dad hearing half a conversation and jumping to a totally erroneous conclusion.
Ms Pyne's role, with her "sister", Anna (Anne Holloway), was to provide eye-candy. (or "fanservice" as they call it these days).

You are correct. All these years I have had my hammer horror honeys backwards.
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

Return to “Nuggets”