Vivarium

Share Your Media Finds! Includes scans and incidental on-topic images, as well as links to on-topic items at photo and video sharing sites. Material created by the community should be posted in the Member Submissions forums. Information Nuggets go to General Discussion.
quickman

Vivarium

Postby quickman » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:51 am

Watched this movie last night. Towards the end, the lead character played by Imogen Poots, sinks into and completely disappears into a floor that has turned into quicksand during a nightmare sequence. Doesn't last long

qsemergency

Re: Vivarium

Postby qsemergency » Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:56 am

any screenshots?

Beast260

Postby Beast260 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:49 am

there are hints of it in the movie trailer. the movie its self looks kind of interesting.

https://youtu.be/U3Xy2x9NDrw

redspydr_1979

Postby redspydr_1979 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:14 pm

Here are some screenshots. You don't see her submerge, it cuts away and then you see her hands. The shot is done with the red filter to show her passing through alternate dimensions or places where other people are being kept.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by redspydr_1979 on Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

redspydr_1979

Postby redspydr_1979 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:15 pm

Here are a couple more.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Chimerix

Postby Chimerix » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:47 pm

Beast260 wrote:there are hints of it in the movie trailer. the movie its self looks kind of interesting.

Don't expect too much, either from the scene or the film. It starts with a really neat premise, builds tension pretty effectively towards a payoff that never comes, then just kind of runs down. It's not a bad film, but it's definitely an almost-good film.
The difference between theory and reality is that, in theory, there is no difference between theory and reality.

mark

Postby mark » Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:00 am

Looks like a hungry carpet.

TheSacredCow

Postby TheSacredCow » Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:54 pm

Me and my partner watched this film a few years ago and I hated every second of it. I had seen the trailer previously and seen a glimpse of that 'scene' and thought "meh, why not?". I'm not a fan of stuff like this and I ought to have known. I'm more of a 'slow, lots of dialogue and self indulgent camerawork' kind of guy, or 'loads of action' kind of guy. Tarantino films basically. Once Upon A Time In Hollywood, specifically.

Anyway, I digress.

This film left me so depressed I actively had to turn the Television off afterwards and ask a mate if they wanted to go for a pint. No film has ever made me feel like that, but the feeling it left inside me felt like a the build up of old cigarette tar on the inside walls of a working man's club clinging to the innards of my delicate brain. Awful.

Anyway, just felt like I needed to get that off my chest.

Interesting use of a QS like scene however!

dlodoski
Wizard of Ooze

Postby dlodoski » Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:28 pm

TheSacredCow wrote:Me and my partner watched this film a few years ago and I hated every second of it. I had seen the trailer previously and seen a glimpse of that 'scene' and thought "meh, why not?". I'm not a fan of stuff like this and I ought to have known. I'm more of a 'slow, lots of dialogue and self indulgent camerawork' kind of guy, or 'loads of action' kind of guy. Tarantino films basically. Once Upon A Time In Hollywood, specifically.

Anyway, I digress.

I approve of your digression. Once Upon A Time In Hollywood - great film.

Regarding the topic at hand, I also agree. I didn't see the film, but the long trailer I saw for Vivarium in a theater was off-putting all by itself.
The Wizard of Ooze stays behind the curtain!

https://allmylinks.com/dlodoski

Stay signed up to Club MPV and bank 10 free download tokens every month!

Return to “Nuggets”