Scene in Russian (?) TV series

Share Your Media Finds! Includes scans and incidental on-topic images, as well as links to on-topic items at photo and video sharing sites. Material created by the community should be posted in the Member Submissions forums. Information Nuggets go to General Discussion.
marcl

Scene in Russian (?) TV series

Postby marcl » Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:47 am

I've been trying to track down a film (probably Russian) that contains a female soldier sinking into a bog, without much success.

However, while searching for that, I stumbled over this one: https://youtu.be/9jHuS3B9hXY?t=6294

The link is to an entire TV series on YouTube, scene starts around 1:44:55. Not sure what is going on, or whether there are other scenes hiding in the remaining 11 hours.

Crypto

Re: Scene in Russian (?) TV series

Postby Crypto » Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:26 pm

Interesting find! Thanks for posting. I will add it to the list.

I also believe the scene you are looking for is this one...

The Dawns Here Are Quiet (aka A Zori Zdes Tikhiye) @
1972 B&W/Color Russian - Yelena Drapeko, Yekaterina Markova, Olga Ostroumova
During World War II, a small unit of female soldiers in the Soviet army discover that a German subversive detachment has landed and, with their male sergeant, must fight for their lives to get the news to headquarters. Combat sequences of them in conflict with a German patrol, trying for a surprise attack on Russian positions, is interspersed with their memories of their husbands and civilian lives. There is a scene of the group traversing a boggy marsh. Later, one of the young women is sent back to get word of enemy movement and numbers to the command post. As she heads back through the swamp, carrying a pole and wearing only her undergarments, she steps into a deep quagmire and thrashes desperately to keep from drowning. Eventually, she sinks under and dies.
______\o/_______
The Crypto Knight

bogbud

Postby bogbud » Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:15 am

Great find! Shots made in real bogs are the best!
I'm already chindeep in this mudbog and every desperate attempt to move my stuck legs only drives me deeper in. The thick mud slowly swamps my waders and my arms have nothing to hold onto.
I'm feeling home.

marcl

Postby marcl » Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:36 pm

Thanks Crypto, though it is a different scene - I was going to write in my original post that it is not from "The Dawns Here are Quiet", because I knew someone would suggest that 8-)

It is actually another scene that someone shared on this forum, though the post was removed because the site hosting that video also illegally distributes a lot of copyrighted content, including from the producers here.

For obvious reasons, I will not share a link to the video, but here is a screen grab. If anyone recognizes it, I'd love to learn what it's from:

face01.png

The only other clue is that the title of the movie (or series) might be Военный фильм, 2012
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:27 am

According to Google Translate, "Военный фильм" translates to "War film".
I sink, therefore I WAM!!!!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

index

Postby index » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:13 pm

The show seems to be called Military Intelligence. Scene is season 2, episode 4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUZaWFm-cEc

jump to 22:08
indeX | where you always find the last word
http://www.destodesign.co.uk/awesomecore/quicksand/

pete1672
Always Remembered

Postby pete1672 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:18 am

index wrote:The show seems to be called Military Intelligence. Scene is season 2, episode 4.

Thanks!

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:49 pm

index wrote:The show seems to be called Military Intelligence. Scene is season 2, episode 4.

Nice job. I like that she went under while trying to stay afloat in the bog but then they kind of messed it up. It's got "boogered up scene/edit" all over it. Nevertheless the Russians are really good at this woodland marsh kind of thing. Thanks for the details.
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

bogbud

Postby bogbud » Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:04 pm

Duncan Edwards wrote:
Nice job. I like that she went under while trying to stay afloat in the bog but then they kind of messed it up. It's got "boogered up scene/edit" all over it. Nevertheless the Russians are really good at this woodland marsh kind of thing. Thanks for the details.

I wonder why she did not use her rifle just like a stick to give her some leverage.
The Russians are great with boggy scenes. It probably helps when half the country looks like this... :)
I'm already chindeep in this mudbog and every desperate attempt to move my stuck legs only drives me deeper in. The thick mud slowly swamps my waders and my arms have nothing to hold onto.
I'm feeling home.

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:13 pm

bogbud wrote:I wonder why she did not use her rifle just like a stick to give her some leverage.

For the same reason that someone who should know better continues to charge headlong into a bog. :mrgreen:

For what it's worth - I've been in those situations where there's water on top and plenty of bottomless mush underneath and not wanting to drop the gear I was carrying. Wearing boots or much else would have made the difference between getting across and not. :shock:
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

Return to “Nuggets”