Youtube find: Hiker Crossing Norwegian Bog (M)

Share Your Media Finds! Includes scans and incidental on-topic images, as well as links to on-topic items at photo and video sharing sites. Material created by the community should be posted in the Member Submissions forums. Information Nuggets go to General Discussion.
JohnnyJohnD1

Youtube find: Hiker Crossing Norwegian Bog (M)

Postby JohnnyJohnD1 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:58 am

Man sinks up to waist in a dangerous bog

Starts at around 10:43

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwzIwFPEGbA&t=909s

beachbum

Re: Youtube find: Hiker Crossing Norwegian Bog (M)

Postby beachbum » Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:41 am

He's lucky. That could have been a lot worse.

JohnnyJohnD1

Postby JohnnyJohnD1 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:24 am

I thought you couldn't sink more than to you waist in a bog though?

bogbud

Postby bogbud » Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:08 am

Been there, done that.

He's definately done something like that before as he does it quite right with careful probing first and continously moving forward in a straight direction without any thrashing around. All that complaining is a bit exaggerated of course.
A newbie would certainly get in real trouble in a bog like that (in fact only slight pumping with your legs can drive you much deeper in and you are lost without a long stick you can lean on).
I'm already chindeep in this mudbog and every desperate attempt to move my stuck legs only drives me deeper in. The thick mud slowly swamps my waders and my arms have nothing to hold onto.
I'm feeling home.

k2g2j2k2

Postby k2g2j2k2 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:25 pm

JohnnyJohnD1 wrote:I thought you couldn't sink more than to you waist in a bog though?

I think if the peat is floating on water then it's dangerous. Otherwise you should be OK. I've never done it though. Probably wouldn't try without a plank and / or inner tube lol

Fred588
Producer

Postby Fred588 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:48 pm

JohnnyJohnD1 wrote:I thought you couldn't sink more than to you waist in a bog though?

The peat bog at my Studio is man-made but is peat all the way to the bottom. The wetness varies but its average specific gravity is higher than that of pure water, and therefore of a person. The float point of a person when it is at its wettest is about shoulders to base of neck. On the other hand, if it had DRY peat on the surface and the drylayer was more than a few inches then it might be dangerous. Also, if it was plain water starting a few inches below the peat then it would essentially be water and thereby dangerous.
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

gjhkigkhjf

Postby gjhkigkhjf » Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:28 pm

so there are quite a few things about bog that can nullify that, the first thing being that because there is water on top, even though the bog was mostly peat, him moving his legs probably thinned out thebog around him by shoving water underneath. never step into a bog that has water on top basically

two is the fact it despite watery peat already being something that can shove him down to his titties, he unluckily hit a clay bog underneath that. I can't prove it but i say that due to the staining power it had and him decribing it as "just mud".

see clay is kinda like the real quicksand that is more like water in buoyancy, in other words he could of been in danger because of that just because any quicksand drownings that do happen are because people only float on the mud layer whenever water rolls over (why beach quicksands are always stupid to try) so basically even though its probably not correct science, id assume its like a reverse density column
drink.png

he basically gambled with life that the bog wasn't gonna be a 1 in million 3 layer dip that actually could of completely sank him
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Nuggets”