Happy Tina Louise in "quicksand"

Share Your Media Finds! Includes scans and incidental on-topic images, as well as links to on-topic items at photo and video sharing sites. Material created by the community should be posted in the Member Submissions forums. Information Nuggets go to General Discussion.
Duncan Edwards

Re: Happy Tina Louise in "quicksand"

Postby Duncan Edwards » Mon May 02, 2022 5:07 pm

Such was the common practice back in the day of shooting photos for "Pinup" purposes at every opportunity. Another good one was one lady who auditioned for "Mary Ann" on Gilligan's Island - Raquel Welch - I understand this was taken during shooting for Fathom. Serious implications for buried treasure here. :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Mon May 02, 2022 5:37 pm

MadMax359 wrote:
BogDog wrote:

One can only wonder how many frustrated men watched that whole movie waiting for this non-existent scene to come up. :)

the most frustrating example for me was Bo Derek in Tarzan
waiting for something like this
apologies for the tiny photo, but it was Great full sized :twisted:

I share your pain, brothers. There were several of us that bolted to the theater when this one was released only to once again have our hopes dashed. It was a bad Tarzan movie but really great about wet Bo Derek so hardly difficult to watch. Even more so given my age at the time. Years later I took my own swing at fulfilling some silly dreams on this for the sake of "pinup".
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BogDog

Postby BogDog » Tue May 03, 2022 7:58 am

Boulderdash! I poo-poo your tarzan wishes and raise you a "Swamp Thing" 1 and 2.

What better premise could one ask for when seeking quicksand? SWAMP-friggin'-thing! :evil: How could they do that to us, twice?

"Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

MadMax359

Postby MadMax359 » Tue May 03, 2022 11:50 am

BogDog wrote:Boulderdash! I poo-poo your tarzan wishes and raise you a "Swamp Thing" 1 and 2.

What better premise could one ask for when seeking quicksand? SWAMP-friggin'-thing! :evil: How could they do that to us, twice?

you are SO right about this! Adrienne could have run into something gooey before she was captured, after she was bound... sigh
The strong do what they want, the weak do what they must

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Tue May 03, 2022 1:56 pm

MadMax359 wrote:
BogDog wrote:Boulderdash! I poo-poo your tarzan wishes and raise you a "Swamp Thing" 1 and 2.

you are SO right about this! Adrienne could have run into something gooey before she was captured, after she was bound... sigh

There is some legend that's been going on for years to the effect of that was planned. Being married to the producer means you don't have to do that if you don't want to. :roll:

DangerGirl

Postby DangerGirl » Tue May 03, 2022 4:28 pm

Duncan Edwards wrote:One of the things about the movie is the setting occurs largely in a Georgia swamp area. The premise is there should be buried gold somewhere on this farm. What's wrong with this picture? (Hint - It was shot in California)

Thanks to the movies and TV, a lot of us grew up believing that every place on earth looked like Southern California.

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Tue May 03, 2022 5:09 pm

DangerGirl wrote:
Duncan Edwards wrote:One of the things about the movie is the setting occurs largely in a Georgia swamp area. The premise is there should be buried gold somewhere on this farm. What's wrong with this picture? (Hint - It was shot in California)

Thanks to the movies and TV, a lot of us grew up believing that every place on earth looked like Southern California.

Having been raised on Adam 12, Dragnet, Emergency, and 12000 scenes shot at Vasquez Rocks, I kept looking for the television cameras on my first trip to SoCal. It's really not a great place for mud because there's just no water. The climate is very seductive with perfect weather and girls and all that stuff but no mud.

Back Yard in SoCal - All the Water in Tanks

tanks05.jpg

Back Yard in Tennessee -

DSC_3536-001.JPG

BogDog

Postby BogDog » Wed May 04, 2022 9:19 pm

Living in the south San Francisco bay area, finding mud is not a problem.

But finding mud I would feel safe to sink in is another story. Along with traces of mercury from quicksilver mines upriver, who-knows-what is buried down there. 100 years ago there were thriving shipping docks along the south bay, which all eventually vanish when the railroad laid track to San Francisco long ago. Plus crap getting washed down creeks and nearby garbage dumps leeching into soils. Plus who knows what toxins are in there from nearby Moffett Field, a former naval air base that had polluted "superfund" areas underneath.

Just not a safe place to mud lark, unfortunately. Such a waste.

"Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

06_Sonic

Postby 06_Sonic » Fri May 06, 2022 12:28 am

godslittleacrehole.jpg
Too dry for Georgia.

Kingsmythe

Postby Kingsmythe » Sat May 07, 2022 1:43 am

Those are some great pics. Thanks for sharing.

Return to “Nuggets”