Comic book sinking scenes!

Share Your Media Finds! Includes scans and incidental on-topic images, as well as links to on-topic items at photo and video sharing sites. Material created by the community should be posted in the Member Submissions forums. Information Nuggets go to General Discussion.
jack c

Re: Comic book sinking scenes!

Postby jack c » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:43 am

Veronica in quicksand? ... Too cool !!

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:55 am

Back again!

Here's a gem! The story leading to the sinking is very cool, I thought... very much my cup of tea.

This appeared in the magazine Misty, a 1970s horror/suspense anthology comic from England...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

quagmire_uk

Postby quagmire_uk » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:52 am

Wow, absolutely diabolical! A group of children with a quicksand fetish, that trick people into doom!

Mwam

Postby Mwam » Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:13 pm

quagmire_uk wrote:Wow, absolutely diabolical! A group of children with a quicksand fetish, that trick people into doom!

Well, i think the ghosts of the the kids, with qs fetish.

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:08 am

Yep, they were ghosts, as is my understanding. ;)

Here's three more pages of Misty featuring sinking... granted, it isn't a lot, but I think the context is very cool in all three.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

quagmire_uk

Postby quagmire_uk » Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:43 am

Silly me, I somehow missed that "just like they got us all" line!

More cool finds. That "water becomes solid" while "land becomes liquid" thing is like one of Kaol's stories, he did a crazy Twilight Zone thing where all the land turned liquid and the seas became like blue sand.

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:21 pm

Glad you are all enjoying these...

On a comic vein, here's one from The Pink Panther comic circa 1970s... I was a regular reader, but there was something about this story which stuck in my head years later... ;)

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:46 pm

I may have found a previously unseen and never before posted sinking scene from Nyoka, The Jungle Girl, as she appeared in Master Comics #102... who when she's not getting conked on the head or tied up or both, got into situations like this one...

In this case, a lady feels she can be a better jungle girl than Nyoka... (an idea perhaps our friendly neighborhood producers may want to ponder for a future project... just saying... ;) )

Well, she's a better sinker, anyway...

Sorry for the scans... not as clear as I would like, but beggers can't be choosy... :D

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:00 am

New one!

This is a page from the Dutch language version of the Belgian comic Papyrus. Set in ancient Egypt, it features our hero and his friend, the daughter of the Pharoh, and their adventures.

This packs something for everyone in this... cute girl, a sinking, a submergence, and a last minute rescue complete with total coverage. What more can one want? ;)

dlodoski
Wizard of Ooze

Postby dlodoski » Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:46 pm

Awesome!

For a while there, it seemed like someone had dipped into my stash, but these last few are totally new to me. :shock:

Thank you again for the excellent work! (I'll follow you up with more scans as soon as the shooting season ends.)

Dave
The Wizard of Ooze stays behind the curtain!

https://allmylinks.com/dlodoski

Stay signed up to Club MPV and bank 10 free download tokens every month!

Return to “Nuggets”