Comic book sinking scenes!

Share Your Media Finds! Includes scans and incidental on-topic images, as well as links to on-topic items at photo and video sharing sites. Material created by the community should be posted in the Member Submissions forums. Information Nuggets go to General Discussion.
PM2K
Always Remembered

Re: Comic book sinking scenes!

Postby PM2K » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:43 am

Okay.... time for some weirdness! :D

Permit me to introduce you all to Super Goof! Disney's Goofy becomes all superpowered by eating peanuts in this comic, which is fun in its way. The title is self evident, the sinking is pretty cool and the weirdest ever depicted, I think. I didn't bother with the ending becase it didn't involve sinking and was pretty lame. The rest amused me, so here we go......
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:45 am

Here's the sinky rest!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

quagmire_uk

Postby quagmire_uk » Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:04 pm

That comic is genius! :D A great find.

water_bug_62208

Postby water_bug_62208 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:10 am

Very cool find! Make your own Quicksand Trap. Thanks for sharing!

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:40 pm

Thanks all, for the kind words! :D

Here's some more sinkage...

undergrain1

Postby undergrain1 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:48 am

RE the followup to the first two pages - it would be keen if the woman gets the beast charging at her, she lifts at the last second and the beast goes into the quicksand and sinks under!

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:55 am

undergrain1 wrote:RE the followup to the first two pages - it would be keen if the woman gets the beast charging at her, she lifts at the last second and the beast goes into the quicksand and sinks under!

That's how I would have written it... ;)

Although... it would be even cooler if somehow the bad guys who got her into this situation ended up there at the end... and didn't escape.... :twisted: Bonus if the baddies were gorgous but evil women...

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:06 pm

Here's a cool story... concentrating on the sinking parts. The series, from the 1930s, is about a Hollywood detective and all the murder cases he solves....

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:07 pm

Here's the rest!

Billie Bonce

Postby Billie Bonce » Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:33 pm

WOW, that's quite a scenario!

I think, it would be much easier to "the special-effects guy" to make the platform not to rise when it should, taking into account it was operated by new and probably incompetent guy. I also think, "the guy in diving helmet" had to produce bubbles on the surface. Not to say, I can't see his source of air supply. And looking at the hole with steep walls I seriously doubt the guy was able to climb out of quicksand on his own. And finally, shouldn't the place of the accident be guarded by a police officer?

But well, if a man in tights can fly just because he has a letter "S" on his chest (and as I recently discovered, he's not alone), then it's OK to anything else.

Great art, BTW.
There’s so many different worlds
So many different suns
And we have just one world
But we live in different ones

Return to “Nuggets”