PREY trailer

Share Your Media Finds! Includes scans and incidental on-topic images, as well as links to on-topic items at photo and video sharing sites. Material created by the community should be posted in the Member Submissions forums. Information Nuggets go to General Discussion.
burglar

Re: PREY trailer

Postby burglar » Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:12 am

Released.. and scene starts at the 38 min mark... Thumbs up on this one!

TK421

Postby TK421 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:34 am

burglar wrote:Released.. and scene starts at the 38 min mark... Thumbs up on this one!

I have to agree. They put a good effort into this one and bonus for the sound effects team and videographer for really capturing very good shots throughout!
“We have no food.
We have no jobs.
OUR PETS HEADS ARE FALLING OFF!”

mudmaiden

Postby mudmaiden » Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:48 am

TK421 wrote:
burglar wrote:Released.. and scene starts at the 38 min mark... Thumbs up on this one!

I have to agree. They put a good effort into this one and bonus for the sound effects team and videographer for really capturing very good shots throughout!

I'll second that! I Like It!!
Tarzan to Jill Hardy: Girl be still. Not sink!!"
From "Valley Of Mystery" : Don't struggle and do not thrash around; that just makes things worse!

Also: check me out at:
http://mudmaiden.deviantart.com/gallery/

mudmaiden

Postby mudmaiden » Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:05 am

Now let's hope this upcoming movie "Quicksand" shows some promise when it comes out, if it comes out!
Tarzan to Jill Hardy: Girl be still. Not sink!!"
From "Valley Of Mystery" : Don't struggle and do not thrash around; that just makes things worse!

Also: check me out at:
http://mudmaiden.deviantart.com/gallery/

Wammud

Postby Wammud » Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:35 am

I did a quick cut of the scene (minus a scene in the middle with the Predator) and uploaded it here if other folks want to check it out. Let me know if there's any difficulty with the link. At the time of posting, the video is still processing, but can be downloaded and played directly.

bogbud

Postby bogbud » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:29 am

Thanks Wammud for the upload. Working perfectly!

Very nice and realistic location (own experience).
The peatmud is a bit too watery for my personal taste but makes her quite steady sink even more realistic. Bonus points for her being completely mud caked in the end (I hate it, when she gets out only wet as seen in so many other scenes).

5 stars from me!
I'm already chindeep in this mudbog and every desperate attempt to move my stuck legs only drives me deeper in. The thick mud slowly swamps my waders and my arms have nothing to hold onto.
I'm feeling home.

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:55 pm

Just saw it myself. Yes, very well done for what it is. Love the gradual sink as she struggles. Wish they had consulted me first though. I was thinking it should be her older sister played by Moon Bloodgood in a fur bikini.

I'll call it the best mainstream scene we've had in a long time. Big thumbs up. :mrgreen:
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

PA Jack

Postby PA Jack » Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:56 pm

Wow - I agree; this is the nicest mainstream movie scene in a long, long time. Maybe a little fast on the initial immersion, but what follows makes up for that. And I have always thought that scenes rock where the heroine rescues herself. Thanks for posting the private preview.
Formerly jack c, years ago.

Villein

Postby Villein » Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:23 pm

I dare suspect we’ll see a slow return of the quicksand scene, especially if films start to cut their budget.
So here’s to smaller budgets in film!
PLEASE DELETE

MDLambert

Postby MDLambert » Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:05 pm

I was secretly hoping right at the end she'd go under and then pull herself out after a few seconds. Still a top notch mainstream scene. fingers crossed the movie called "quicksand" can hold up.

Return to “Nuggets”