Escape Room 2 Quicksand Scene

Share Your Media Finds! Includes scans and incidental on-topic images, as well as links to on-topic items at photo and video sharing sites. Material created by the community should be posted in the Member Submissions forums. Information Nuggets go to General Discussion.
john_hose_bag

Escape Room 2 Quicksand Scene

Postby john_hose_bag » Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:02 pm

Not sure if this has been shared before. It's a (dry) quicksand scene from the movie Escape Room 2. Girl goes in, Guy dives after her. Kinda reminded me of the Lightning Sand from Princess Bride.

https://youtu.be/w12xIx2o_wQ

spunkee311

Re: Escape Room 2 Quicksand Scene

Postby spunkee311 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 4:31 am

what really irks me about this scene is that its CGI. This is the second Quicksand scene I've seen that utilizes CGI (The second being the scene from supergirl tv show). I almost think its worse than having a watery/lazy pit

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:37 am

spunkee311 wrote:what really irks me about this scene is that its CGI. This is the second Quicksand scene I've seen that utilizes CGI (The second being the scene from supergirl tv show). I almost think its worse than having a watery/lazy pit

I don't know if any CGI effects were included, but I could easily tell that they pumped air up through the sand to liquify it for that scene. Check out this site and video:

https://interestingengineering.com/vide ... like-water
I sink, therefore I WAM!!!!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

FreyaLefey

Postby FreyaLefey » Sun Jun 19, 2022 7:24 am

I feel this scene suffered from the focus on everything fast camera get everyone’s reaction. Just like the movie the sand.they don’t let you enjoy fear or what ever the peril just lots of people camera bouncing all over like the camera man has adhd.

Return to “Nuggets”