Til Death Do Us part

Share Your Media Finds! Includes scans and incidental on-topic images, as well as links to on-topic items at photo and video sharing sites. Material created by the community should be posted in the Member Submissions forums. Information Nuggets go to General Discussion.
Noireboots

Til Death Do Us part

Postby Noireboots » Sun Jul 10, 2022 1:11 am

Not sure if this has ever been posted here but I remember seeing clip from a crime drama from 2007 called “Til death do us part” where a woman gets murdered and the body dragged outside along with a suitcase. The suitcase gets thrown into a very thick quicksand pit and that’s where the clip cut off. I’ve not been able to actually find and watch the episodes of the show anywhere so I’m not sure how much of the bog it shows but I assume he was going to throw the body in next. Just wondering if this would be of any interest to people who are better at tracking down scenes than me.
I believe the episode it came from is episode 9 “The bog Murder”

Tim Kelly

Re: Til Death Do Us part

Postby Tim Kelly » Tue Jul 12, 2022 5:03 pm

Funny, I don't remember any quicksand in Wapping, I remember all the old catchphrases...
"Well I MEAN! It's obvious innit! It's yer actual 'Arold!"
"SHURRUP! If you LISTENED you might LEARN summat!"
"Scouse GIT!"
"SILLY OLD MOO!"
Or am I thinking of a completely different programme of the same name?
"Aaaaaarrrrrrggggghhhhh! Quicksand! I'm sinking! I'll go straight to the bottom of.......GLURP!"
(a month later)
"Ugh! Yukkkh! Ptui! I'm out of it! I'm free! Not even quicksand can defeat the power of.....the Eye of Zoltec!"

Noireboots

Postby Noireboots » Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:27 am

Tim Kelly wrote:Funny, I don't remember any quicksand in Wapping, I remember all the old catchphrases...
"Scouse GIT!"
"SILLY OLD MOO!"

Im not sure what you’re talking about, this was an American crime drama.

Kinky Desires

Postby Kinky Desires » Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:20 pm

Noireboots wrote:
Tim Kelly wrote:Funny, I don't remember any quicksand in Wapping, I remember all the old catchphrases...
"Scouse GIT!"
"SILLY OLD MOO!"

Tim was thinking of Till Death US DO part, which was a famous British sitcom in the late 60's. I'm a child of the late 70's and I vaguely remember my parents watching it as I was growing up, but I've never watched it myself. I've not heard of Till Death Do Us Part, and even if I Google it I just get references to Till Death Us Do Part, so the show that Tim was thinking of is obviously far more famous!

Noireboots

Postby Noireboots » Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:48 am

Kinky Desires wrote:
Noireboots wrote:
"Scouse GIT!"
"SILLY OLD MOO!"

Tim was thinking of Till Death US DO part, which was a famous British sitcom in the late 60's. I'm a child of the late 70's and I vaguely remember my parents watching it as I was growing up, but I've never watched it myself. I've not heard of Till Death Do Us Part, and even if I Google it I just get references to Till Death Us Do Part, so the show that Tim was thinking of is obviously far more famous!

I guess that’s not surprising, this show I’m thinking of seems to have also been called “love you to death” in some other regions and by the looks of is online presence, must have really sucked. Here’s the IMDB for the show. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0498612/

Crypto

Postby Crypto » Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:35 pm

Ah, thanks for the alternate show title. I wasn't having any luck finding what you described. Sounds like it could be an OK scene. I will add it to the list. Perhaps someday a video of it will show up.
______\o/_______
The Crypto Knight

Tim Kelly

Postby Tim Kelly » Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:49 pm

Kinky Desires wrote:
Noireboots wrote:
"Scouse GIT!"
"SILLY OLD MOO!"

Thanx for the acknowledgement, I'm at the age when, whenever I try to explain something from the pop culture of my younger days, I either get blank looks or a response of "You will NEVER believe what this silly old git has tried to tell me!" Trying to explain "Thunderbirds" to a generation brought up on the Marvel Universe and Star Wars is, as Sheldon Cooper once said, "Like trying to explain Advanced Physics to Creationists!"
"Aaaaaarrrrrrggggghhhhh! Quicksand! I'm sinking! I'll go straight to the bottom of.......GLURP!"
(a month later)
"Ugh! Yukkkh! Ptui! I'm out of it! I'm free! Not even quicksand can defeat the power of.....the Eye of Zoltec!"

Return to “Nuggets”