GMA Meteorologist Stuck in the Mud

Share Your Media Finds! Includes scans and incidental on-topic images, as well as links to on-topic items at photo and video sharing sites. Material created by the community should be posted in the Member Submissions forums. Information Nuggets go to General Discussion.
Theo

GMA Meteorologist Stuck in the Mud

Postby Theo » Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:49 am

I was watching Good Morning America today and happened to see Meteorologist Ginger Zee get stuck in the mud during a segment about how low Lake Mead is getting. Not the greatest clip ever, but I thought I'd share it with y'all anyway.

Ginger Zee A little “stuck in the mud”

GMA fans fear for meteorologist Ginger Zee after she SINKS in ‘quicksand’

It's kind of ironic for me, because not more than two nights ago I was starting to watch Dave's videos on MPV trails, and happened to watch "The Lake - First Two Trips," all about MPV trips to Lake Mead.
Finally broke down and went to see a psychologist. She told me I just have an overactive imagination—and it really excited her. We're going sinking next weekend. Theo's AI Quicksandbox New stuff every weekend (unless life gets in the way)

BogDog

Re: GMA Meteorologist Stuck in the Mud

Postby BogDog » Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:17 am

Get the cameras ready. The "movie set" has been prepared and is waiting. 8-)
"Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Crypto

Postby Crypto » Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:33 pm

Very nice! Thanks for sharing!!
______\o/_______
The Crypto Knight

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:59 pm

I follow a 4x4 recovery channel on youtube that's based near Lake Powell in Utah, as the lake dries up people are getting adventurous and driving further and further out on the lake bed. It's fun till you get too close to the water and break through the crust, then you're utterly screwed lol. I've seen some trucks literally bobbing up and down floating in the muck that needed two or three other vehicles to winch them back out.
You could go out with a shovel, park in an out of the way area and with a little digging have one hell of a sinking spot.
"Know thyself, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
--Sun Tzu

BogDog

Postby BogDog » Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:12 am

Any sites look ideal for "on-location" shoots? Classic favorite videos like "Quicksand Naturally" come to mind. ;)
"Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Theo

Postby Theo » Thu Jul 28, 2022 3:36 am

Crypto wrote:Very nice! Thanks for sharing!!

Your welcome Crypto! :D
BogDog wrote:Get the cameras ready. The "movie set" has been prepared and is waiting. 8-)

Oh how I wish! Would've loved to have seen her sink a little longer and deeper before having to get pulled out :P
BogDog wrote:Any sites look ideal for "on-location" shoots? Classic favorite videos like "Quicksand Naturally" come to mind. ;)

The videos that resulted from the trips to Lake Mead were some of my favorites from the early days of MPV. "Classics" for sure, as you said.
Mynock wrote:I follow a 4x4 recovery channel on youtube that's based near Lake Powell in Utah, as the lake dries up people are getting adventurous and driving further and further out on the lake bed. It's fun till you get too close to the water and break through the crust, then you're utterly screwed lol. I've seen some trucks literally bobbing up and down floating in the muck that needed two or three other vehicles to winch them back out.
You could go out with a shovel, park in an out of the way area and with a little digging have one hell of a sinking spot.

It is sad to see the lake getting so low, but like you said, it just keeps revealing more great sinking spots. Hopefully they'll get unseasonably wet seasons out there soon.
Finally broke down and went to see a psychologist. She told me I just have an overactive imagination—and it really excited her. We're going sinking next weekend. Theo's AI Quicksandbox New stuff every weekend (unless life gets in the way)

Return to “Nuggets”