PREY: THE MOVIE ON HULU

Share Your Media Finds! Includes scans and incidental on-topic images, as well as links to on-topic items at photo and video sharing sites. Material created by the community should be posted in the Member Submissions forums. Information Nuggets go to General Discussion.
jagfiles

Re: PREY: THE MOVIE ON HULU

Postby jagfiles » Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:09 am

Here;s a little history on Amber Midthunder. The movie 14 Cameras does have a scene where she's among several gals tiedup and gagged barefoot (not to take away from her quicksand scene)
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1690270/

TK421

Postby TK421 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:45 pm

FreyaLefey wrote:So what about the second scene? Was it male? Female? Please give details, I have no intention of seeing that movie, but I would like to know about the scenes with out being penalized into watch a movie.

You DO realize that they have a miracle called the fast forward/skip button, right? Besides, The movie is pretty good and I found it enjoyable. Watch it and find out
“We have no food.
We have no jobs.
OUR PETS HEADS ARE FALLING OFF!”

spunkee311

Postby spunkee311 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:47 am

I know this. This scene was made/written by someone who understands Quicksand. It was masterfully done. From the squelch mud noises, at the same time of her dropping/sinking. To the suspense. This Scene was done with someone who grew up and understood the peril of Quicksand. Back when it was menacing. Alive, and scary.

To see a Hollywood film, in 2022, and one that is getting such high praise and viewers to include a Quicksand scene is nothing short of a miracle. Hopefully this starts a new trend. Especially if the next HollyWood film is about that couple stuck in Quicksand and is executed well.

Sand_Fox

Postby Sand_Fox » Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:37 am

FreyaLefey wrote:So what about the second scene? Was it male? Female? Please give details, I have no intention of seeing that movie, but I would like to know about the scenes with out being penalized into watch a movie.

Well it looked like you are really interested in knowing. Well I can say that the second scene was just the one armed defeated predator standing in the mud being finished. You didn’t miss much. The first scene was awesome.

TK421

Postby TK421 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:16 am

spunkee311 wrote:I know this. This scene was made/written by someone who understands Quicksand. It was masterfully done. From the squelch mud noises, at the same time of her dropping/sinking. To the suspense. This Scene was done with someone who grew up and understood the peril of Quicksand. Back when it was menacing. Alive, and scary.

To see a Hollywood film, in 2022, and one that is getting such high praise and viewers to include a Quicksand scene is nothing short of a miracle. Hopefully this starts a new trend. Especially if the next HollyWood film is about that couple stuck in Quicksand and is executed well.

^^This!! Allllll This!
“We have no food.
We have no jobs.
OUR PETS HEADS ARE FALLING OFF!”

dlodoski
Wizard of Ooze

Postby dlodoski » Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:04 pm

beachbum wrote:This looks like a wonderful quicksand scene!

I agree.

Part of me doesn't want to comment on it until I know I have seen the entire sequence - especially in the context of the the story. But I can say without reservation that this is probably the best 'area' I have ever seen in a movie. The wide shots are absolutely fantastic. They put a lot of effort into this.
The Wizard of Ooze stays behind the curtain!

https://allmylinks.com/dlodoski

Stay signed up to Club MPV and bank 10 free download tokens every month!

BogDog

Postby BogDog » Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:20 am

spunkee311 wrote:I know this. This scene was made/written by someone who understands Quicksand. It was masterfully done. From the squelch mud noises, at the same time of her dropping/sinking. To the suspense. This Scene was done with someone who grew up and understood the peril of Quicksand. Back when it was menacing. Alive, and scary.

It's a different world today with a more finicky audience wanting more realism in their movies. Even "caped crusader" Batman and "Man Of Steel" Superman have turned dark and moody as one might expect living those lives in the real world. I doubt sawdust-on-water goes well for anyone these days except for Bollywood film viewers. They are still learning over there. 8-)
"Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Villein

Postby Villein » Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:42 pm

dlodoski wrote:

I agree.

Part of me doesn't want to comment on it until I know I have seen the entire sequence - especially in the context of the the story. But I can say without reservation that this is probably the best 'area' I have ever seen in a movie. The wide shots are absolutely fantastic. They put a lot of effort into this.

I have heard and read online that the scene took just under five days to shoot in total.
Now, of course I don’t have a link to anything specific!
But if my albeit poor memory serves me well, it was mentioned in one of the cast/director interviews done when promoting the film’s release.
PLEASE DELETE

Scarol

Postby Scarol » Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:34 pm

Great quicksand scene! The slurping sounds were great! I like bubbling and slurping sounds, especially when she sunk deeper was awesome!
Work to live....or live to work...

jagfiles

Postby jagfiles » Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:44 am

Villein wrote:
dlodoski wrote:

I agree.

I have heard and read online that the scene took just under five days to shoot in total.
Now, of course I don’t have a link to anything specific!
But if my albeit poor memory serves me well, it was mentioned in one of the cast/director interviews done when promoting the film’s release.

Five days of shooting in quicksand!! Wonder how many takes that was. :D

Return to “Nuggets”