From the Ashes!

Share Your Media Finds! Includes scans and incidental on-topic images, as well as links to on-topic items at photo and video sharing sites. Material created by the community should be posted in the Member Submissions forums. Information Nuggets go to General Discussion.
MDLambert

From the Ashes!

Postby MDLambert » Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:18 am

it seems the Shadow Island movie got a new title. Pirates Curse. And someone uploaded the quicksand scene on youtube! Score!

Duncan Edwards

Re: From the Ashes!

Postby Duncan Edwards » Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:22 am

Thanks for the heads up. Here it is for others who might like to see it -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cboFxB18t-g

Good find. Thanks again - 8-)
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:37 am

That looks pretty cool. A live action ant lion scene. :D

spunkee311

Postby spunkee311 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:11 am

WOW... Definitely a Rare Treat!!! Very worth it!

MDLambert

Postby MDLambert » Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:44 am

my apologies......i had copied the link and totally forgot to put it in my post. FAIL.........

Qsvgitguy
Always Remembered

Postby Qsvgitguy » Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:51 pm

Cool! I had heard rumors that the production for this movie was shut down for it was turning out so bad the guys with the money pulled out.

Although it's just the hole in the ground dry sand technique, the girl is very beautiful and her acting is not bad at all. Lot's of good fear. I hope we can see her go under! :twisted:

Antares

Postby Antares » Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:21 am

Ha ha - no way, I never thought to actually see this scene in a million years - fantastic quality clip, good find!

YerKiddin

Postby YerKiddin » Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:29 pm

There's a kind of bug... Is it an "Ant lion"? Anyhow, this larval stage bug lives in sand, where it digs a pit and lives in the center. The pit's a lot deeper than that shallow thing the girl was caught in, but if there was something carnivorous in the center of a pit, I could well imagine it coming out somewhat like that scene.

Good find!

Oh, and if you can ever get the chance to fill a pit with ashes (you'll want to be careful to get *just* ashes, as unburned bits of wood can *hurt*!) Add water and you get a really sloppy mix! It's a bit acidic, so you'll want to wash off after playing, and you'll want to wash any clothes you use right after this too. (ashes can cause really sooty stains) I had a bit of fun with about a 3" (sadly, that isn't a typo, only three inches, not three feet) pit of wood ashes when I was a kid.

Return to “Nuggets”