When Dinosaurs Ruled The Earth in Blue Ray !!

Share Your Media Finds! Includes scans and incidental on-topic images, as well as links to on-topic items at photo and video sharing sites. Material created by the community should be posted in the Member Submissions forums. Information Nuggets go to General Discussion.
Duncan Edwards

Re: When Dinosaurs Ruled The Earth in Blue Ray !!

Postby Duncan Edwards » Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:36 pm

dlodoski wrote:
Duncan Edwards wrote:Dave got it first and then I managed to lay hands on the European cut with all the nudie bits left in it. Brief as it is our favorite scene is there and it does look great. :mrgreen:

Well, if you put it that way - http://www.mpvstuff.com/misc/WDRTEBD.mp4

I dunno about the version on Youtube (noise reduction added maybe?), but this shows the scene better, IMO.

Note - This probably won't stream like most of my clips do. It's raw output from the MKV file.

As one whose memories of this scene were framed around late night viewings at 250 horizontal lines of resolution, this is like the difference between viewing it with your eyes open versus closed. WOW! And the follow up with Victoria Vetri standing on the raft like a living Pete Boggs cartoon is just as nice. :mrgreen:

One thing I noticed though is that it's now much more obvious that it's being shot in a studio. Logically I knew this but that level of detail was missing. Now the scene in question is so easy to watch that it doesn't matter. :mrgreen:
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

dlodoski
Wizard of Ooze

Postby dlodoski » Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:46 pm

MadMax359 wrote: ...thanks for trying, but that link gave me the sound, no visuals

The clip is a little odd in that there is basically silence for the first 10 seconds or so.

In any case, it's a valid AV file - rendered in the same environment as the QS clip.
The Wizard of Ooze stays behind the curtain!

https://allmylinks.com/dlodoski

Stay signed up to Club MPV and bank 10 free download tokens every month!

BogDog

Postby BogDog » Tue Nov 01, 2022 6:54 am

Windows 7 here (yes, still on 7 and happy). ;)

It would only play audio for me too. But when I right-clicked and selected "SAVE CLIP AS..." to down a copy and then played it sitting on my PC, it played video and audio just fine. Something incompatible with the website player maybe.

And it is not silent for the first 10 seconds either, just quiet. When I turned up the volume I could hear background sounds and wildlife calls of different kinds. Guess the audio guys weren't on the ball that day.
"Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

MadMax359

Postby MadMax359 » Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:25 pm

BogDog wrote:Windows 7 here (yes, still on 7 and happy). ;)

It would only play audio for me too. But when I right-clicked and selected "SAVE CLIP AS..." to down a copy and then played it sitting on my PC, it played video and audio just fine. Something incompatible with the website player maybe.

And it is not silent for the first 10 seconds either, just quiet. When I turned up the volume I could hear background sounds and wildlife calls of different kinds. Guess the audio guys weren't on the ball that day.

thanks! this worked (even though my computer didn't want to load it at first and i had to insist!)
and now that i get to see it in full resolution--- there's a hint of a nip slip as she cuts herself free! :twisted:
The strong do what they want, the weak do what they must

Return to “Nuggets”