Tarzan series (1966) On Tubi

Share Your Media Finds! Includes scans and incidental on-topic images, as well as links to on-topic items at photo and video sharing sites. Material created by the community should be posted in the Member Submissions forums. Information Nuggets go to General Discussion.
dlodoski
Wizard of Ooze

Re: Tarzan series (1966) On Tubi

Postby dlodoski » Thu Dec 14, 2023 3:40 pm

furzan2005 wrote:I hadn't seen it before either. Just found it on an old collection that I had purchased before the official series releases on DVD came out. Jai and a friend are kidnapped by an old man. They trick him into blundering into a bog of quicksand, but quickly decide to rescue him before he goes under. It's a quick scene, but a good Tarzan QS scene nonetheless.

Hmmm. I don't have that one.

I have the ability to capture it if you were to loan out the tape. However, I'd be compelled to make it worth your while. ;)
The Wizard of Ooze stays behind the curtain!

https://allmylinks.com/dlodoski

Stay signed up to Club MPV and bank 10 free download tokens every month!

furzan2005

Postby furzan2005 » Sun Dec 17, 2023 3:48 am

It's a DVD collection that appears to be taken from existing film sources available at that time. I have equipment to transfer from VHS, but I've not taken from DVDs before. It's probably a simple process; I've just never done it before. I've got the upgraded versions of Season One. I don't remember getting Season Two.

furzan2005

Postby furzan2005 » Sun Dec 17, 2023 6:32 am

Found a copy of Season 2 upgraded on Ebay a few hours ago. Should have it in a few days.

dlodoski
Wizard of Ooze

Postby dlodoski » Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:01 pm

furzan2005 wrote:It's a DVD collection that appears to be taken from existing film sources available at that time. I have equipment to transfer from VHS, but I've not taken from DVDs before. It's probably a simple process; I've just never done it before. I've got the upgraded versions of Season One. I don't remember getting Season Two.

furzan2005 wrote:Found a copy of Season 2 upgraded on Ebay a few hours ago. Should have it in a few days.

That's cool. :-)

For DVDs, I use MakeMKV (recommended by somebody here at QSF). I then use VideoPad to convert the output to formats friendly to other programs if needed.
The Wizard of Ooze stays behind the curtain!

https://allmylinks.com/dlodoski

Stay signed up to Club MPV and bank 10 free download tokens every month!

furzan2005

Postby furzan2005 » Fri Dec 22, 2023 4:04 am

Thanks! Got Season 2 in the mail today. Going to give it a go with MakeMKV.

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Fri Dec 22, 2023 7:50 am

furzan2005 wrote:Thanks! Got Season 2 in the mail today. Going to give it a go with MakeMKV.

Great! :D

Hopefully you will be able to find the two-parter containing the lost quicksand scene from my youth, where the quicksand doesn't close shut over a (possibly obese) man until his hands are completely below the surface! :shock: I seem to vaguely remember watching his upward-reaching hands disappearing into a large deepening hole in the thick mire before it closed shut, leaving a beige quivering clayish surface with some some tiny bits of water here and there on top! :shock: That final image after it closed up I remember quite vividly!
I sink, therefore I WAM!!!!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

cbqdbq

Postby cbqdbq » Sun Dec 24, 2023 6:08 am

Boggy Man wrote:
Hopefully you will be able to find the two-parter containing the lost quicksand scene from my youth, where the quicksand doesn't close shut over a (possibly obese) man until his hands are completely below the surface! :shock: I seem to vaguely remember watching his upward-reaching hands disappearing into a large deepening hole in the thick mire before it closed shut, leaving a beige quivering clayish surface with some some tiny bits of water here and there on top! :shock: That final image after it closed up I remember quite vividly!

now. that sound very ominus and. um. terminal! quivering as it savors its latest meal. a meal which is suffocating and petrified of what is happening!
cbqdbq
compeled by qs, demies by qs

furzan2005

Postby furzan2005 » Sun Dec 24, 2023 7:50 am

Boggy Man wrote:
furzan2005 wrote:Thanks! Got Season 2 in the mail today. Going to give it a go with MakeMKV.

Great! :D

I guess you don't recall the name of the episode by any chance. The Blue Stone of Heaven, Mountains of the Moon and Four o' Clock Army are the only two part episodes from Season 2. I'll check them out.

furzan2005

Postby furzan2005 » Sun Dec 24, 2023 8:37 am

Just scrubbed through all 3 episodes. No quicksand to be found. I'll skim through the other episodes of the season tomorrow.

Return to “Nuggets”