Tarzan series (1966) On Tubi

Share Your Media Finds! Includes scans and incidental on-topic images, as well as links to on-topic items at photo and video sharing sites. Material created by the community should be posted in the Member Submissions forums. Information Nuggets go to General Discussion.
Boggy Man

Re: Tarzan series (1966) On Tubi

Postby Boggy Man » Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:40 am

I was only guessing that "The 4 O'Clock Army" was the episode with the scene. A soldier was sinking into quicksand, and when it rose over his shoulders, it stayed open, and as he sunk deeper, it stayed open until his upward reaching hands were below the surface. Then, the quicksand finally closed its boggy mouth, leaving just a muddy surface. It left quite an impression on me as a child. I remember it was in a two-part episode regarding soldiers, or mercenaries, and that another man was attacked by ants. The man who fell into the quicksand might have been obese. Throughout one or both of the episodes, they kept playing the tune of "The Ants Go Marching" for background music.
I sink, therefore I WAM!!!!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

Chimerix

Postby Chimerix » Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:26 pm

Boggy Man wrote: I remember it was in a two-part episode....Throughout one or both of the episodes, they kept playing the tune of "The Ants Go Marching" for background music.

Well, there are few 2-part episodes, which limits the search:
    The Deadly Silence (S1, EP 8 & 9)
    Blue Stone of Heaven (S2, EP 4 & 5)
    The Mountains of the Moon (S2, EP 11 & 12)
    Four O'Clock Arms (S2, EP 22 & 23)

None of these are on rhino's original list, so that leaves 6 more episodes to investigate. Hopefully, the music will make it quicker... scrubbing through using the tubi interface is tedious at best.

[EDIT]
There is quicksand in The Deadly Silence pt. 2, S1E9. It starts about 19 minutes in. Tarzan falls out of a tree and rolls into the edge of it. He escapes, collapsing on the edge (he's in a bad way after having survived an underwater hand grenade barrage, I think). One bad guy henchman named Chico discovers him. Tarzan pushes Chico into the quicksand then runs away. Other bad guys try to help, but Chico doesn't make it. We don't actually see Chico submerge, but the last thing we do see is his face, framed by and slightly below the surface of the quicksand, and one arm reaching desperately for help.

Screen Shot 2022-11-12 at 9.38.50 AM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The difference between theory and reality is that, in theory, there is no difference between theory and reality.

rhinodynamo

Postby rhinodynamo » Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:16 am

rhinodynamo wrote:
Gitget wrote:And which ones have the quicksand scene?
- The episodes are Season 1: Ep. 6. The Three Faces of Death, Ep. 9. The Deadly Silence Pt. 2, Ep. 14. The End of The River, and Season 2: Ep. 20. End of a Challenge.
I listed Deadly Silence already, so the hunt is still on for Boggy's mystery episode. I'm starting to think it's not a two-parter.

Fred588
Producer

Postby Fred588 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:34 am

Chimerix wrote:
Boggy Man wrote: I remember it was in a two-part episode....Throughout one or both of the episodes, they kept playing the tune of "The Ants Go Marching" for background music.

Well, there are few 2-part episodes, which limits the search:

None of these are on rhino's original list, so that leaves 6 more episodes to investigate. Hopefully, the music will make it quicker... scrubbing through using the tubi interface is tedious at best.

[EDIT]
There is quicksand in The Deadly Silence pt. 2, S1E9. It starts about 19 minutes in. Tarzan falls out of a tree and rolls into the edge of it. He escapes, collapsing on the edge (he's in a bad way after having survived an underwater hand grenade barrage, I think). One bad guy henchman named Chico discovers him. Tarzan pushes Chico into the quicksand then runs away. Other bad guys try to help, but Chico doesn't make it. We don't actually see Chico submerge, but the last thing we do see is his face, framed by and slightly below the surface of the quicksand, and one arm reaching desperately for help.

Screen Shot 2022-11-12 at 9.38.50 AM.png

I think I would be correct to assert that "The Ants Go Marching" is really a sort of Scout Camp song with alternative lyrics to the original (or more original sone, "When Johnny Comes Marching Home."
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

rhinodynamo

Postby rhinodynamo » Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:36 am

So Ive gone through more than half of the episodes and still no luck. But I did manage to locate Boggy's ant scene. It's in Season 1: Episode 18- The Day the Earth Trembled. So that gives me hope there still might be a 5th qs scene.

BogDog

Postby BogDog » Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:01 am

Q: Any of those scenes involve females? 8-)
"Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:47 am

Fred588 wrote:I think I would be correct to assert that "The Ants Go Marching" is really a sort of Scout Camp song with alternative lyrics to the original (or more original sone, "When Johnny Comes Marching Home."

I knew that the children's song "The Ants Go Marching" was sung to the tune of another song, but wasn't certain what song it was, but you identified it. For some reason, I seemed to vaguely remember that the tune was prominent in the second part, and the quicksand scene might have been in the first part. :? But then, I only saw the episode once, back in the 1970's, so I could be wrong about that. :?

BogDog wrote:Q: Any of those scenes involve females? 8-)

Unfortunately, all are male scenes.

rhinodynamo wrote:So Ive gone through more than half of the episodes and still no luck. But I did manage to locate Boggy's ant scene. It's in Season 1: Episode 18- The Day the Earth Trembled. So that gives me hope there still might be a 5th qs scene.

My memory of what I watched back in the 70's seems limited to only a few select episodes, but I am certain that there was also an ant scene in the two-parter. I remember seeing the bitemarks all over the guy's face, and thinking that they seemed to be in a pattern. :?

Chimerix wrote:Well, there are few 2-part episodes, which limits the search:

Perhaps "The Blue Stone Of Heaven" could be another possibility, since on Wikipedia, the part 2 description mentions "A power-mad colonel". :?

I did see "The Deadly Silence" temporarily online a number of years back, and even had it downloaded, and had the two quicksand scenes extracted and uploaded to Megaupload. But, a combination of a hard drive crash, and the FBI shutting down Megaupload caused me to lose everything. :( But, that wasn't the scene I am thinking of.

In addition to this scene, and the ones in "The Deadly Silence", I remember the others, such as:

There is an episode ("The Three Faces Of Death"?) where Tarzan had to go through a cage containing perils, which included hot coals, quicksand, a pit of spears, and a snake (boa or a python).

Another episode ("End Of A Challenge") is where a bad guy is pursuing Jai, who leads the bad guy into quicksand. After the bad guy pleads for rescue, Jai pulls him out, and the bad guy grabs him.

Another episode ("End Of The River") is where after helping a bad guy out of quicksand, Tarzan winds up in it and can't get out, so he calls an elephant over, and is rescued.
Last edited by Boggy Man on Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:21 am, edited 5 times in total.

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

Tim

Postby Tim » Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:42 pm

Hello

Some years ago I picked up the series on DVD, but after watching them all at the time can confirm that there were only ever four scenes which have been discussed.

I actually created a thread six years ago with a few pictures, so please have a look and enjoy.

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=14026&p=97544&hilit=tarzan#p97544

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:56 am

Tim wrote:Hello

Some years ago I picked up the series on DVD, but after watching them all at the time can confirm that there were only ever four scenes which have been discussed.

I actually created a thread six years ago with a few pictures, so please have a look and enjoy.

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=14026&p=97544&hilit=tarzan#p97544

Thanks for bringing up that thread. :) I updated the quicksand scene descriptions in my previous post with the names of the episodes. 8-)

The more i think about it, the more I believe that the victim of the elusive quicksand scene was rather obese, which was why he created a wide, deep depression in the mire rising above him before it finally closed shut! :? I can remember the image of the flat but uneven, tan, claylike surface, with some tiny patches of water on it, quivering after it had swallowed its meal. I also remember that years ago, during some discussion of that episode, someone mentioned that the man who was trying to rescue the victim got shot with an arrow or spear (can't remember which) before he could do so, but can't remember whether or not that actually happened. :?

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:23 am

After doing some searching, I discovered season 1 in the internet archive, but couldn't find season 2.

https://archive.org/details/tarzan-1966

I also updated my other post again, because it wasn't a cobra in "The Three Faces Of Death", but a constrictor (boa or python).

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

Return to “Nuggets”