Star Trek scenes?

Share Your Media Finds! Includes scans and incidental on-topic images, as well as links to on-topic items at photo and video sharing sites. Material created by the community should be posted in the Member Submissions forums. Information Nuggets go to General Discussion.
Coordinated57

Star Trek scenes?

Postby Coordinated57 » Tue May 16, 2023 12:17 am

I used to be a bit of a Star Trek fan when I was younger, and I started thinking how many quicksand and quicksand like scenes there are in the entire franchise. I’ll start.

The Next Generaton - “Skin of Evil” - There was this evil blob monster that turned into a pool when he wanted. He absorbs Riker into it as a hostage.

Voyager - “Demon” - There is a pool of sliver liquid that Harry falls into. He says that he felt as though it pulled him in. Later on the same liquid starts sinking the U.SS Voyager.

Anymore?

OBI-wan

Re: Star Trek scenes?

Postby OBI-wan » Wed May 17, 2023 2:19 am

TNG-“Cost of Living”. Troi takes a mud bath.
"Who's the more foolish, the fool, or the fool who follows him?"

Crypto

Postby Crypto » Wed May 17, 2023 2:33 pm

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine (aka Star Trek: DS9) "Who Mourns for Morn?"
1993 TV - Avery Brooks, Rene Auberjonois, Armin Shimerman
Quark inherits a fortune when Morn is reported killed in an ion storm, but then many claims come forth to acquire a percentage of the inheritance, each painting Morn in a different light. There was a segment that featured a lovely alien emerging from a soupy mudbath.
______\o/_______
The Crypto Knight

Crypto

Postby Crypto » Wed May 17, 2023 7:23 pm

I don't know if these count, but someone compiled a list of books that contain quicksand scenes, and two of them were Star Trek novels...

The STAR TREK-TNG novel "IMZADI" has a quicksand scene in it. It details the love story between Riker, and Troi when they first met. Unfortunatly Deanna doesn't sink, but a terrorist named Marror does. Riker yells, "Hang on!!!", and the terrorist replies, "To what?", then sinks out of site. Riker and Troi make love right then and there. Talk about quicksand and sexual imagery!

The STAR TREK (original) novel "DOUBLE, DOUBLE" by Michael Jan Friedman has a sinking scene in it. On pages 144 through 149, Kirk is forced to fight for his life when the local head of organized crime on some backwater planet or another tries to have him killed by having him dumped into a bog deep in a lowland swamp. The baddie winds up stuck in the goo instead, and Kirk, fighting his own better judgement, decides to give him a hand out. No females get stuck, but it's a fairly dramatic and toungue-in-cheek sink.
______\o/_______
The Crypto Knight

mudmaiden

Postby mudmaiden » Wed May 17, 2023 10:34 pm

Star Trek Voyager had another potential scene. Tom Paris and B'lena Torres are on a away mission on some planet. Tom stumbled into a mud pit and B'lena pulls him out. Everyone on the ship has a good laugh about. The scene is never filmed but they show a picture of Tom covered head to toe in mud!
Tarzan to Jill Hardy: Girl be still. Not sink!!"
From "Valley Of Mystery" : Don't struggle and do not thrash around; that just makes things worse!

Also: check me out at:
http://mudmaiden.deviantart.com/gallery/

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Wed May 24, 2023 8:18 pm

I remember reading the formula for "Skin of Evil" was printer's ink and Metamucil. Johnathon Frakes got the job as victim because nobody else would do it. Hurts to think that Marina Sirtis or Gates McFadden could have been sucked into that mess if Frakes hadn't been such a gung-ho, break a leg, kind of guy. :roll:
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

Zargen

Postby Zargen » Wed May 24, 2023 8:58 pm

Duncan Edwards wrote:I remember reading the formula for "Skin of Evil" was printer's ink and Metamucil. Johnathon Frakes got the job as victim because nobody else would do it. Hurts to think that Marina Sirtis or Gates McFadden could have been sucked into that mess if Frakes hadn't been such a gung-ho, break a leg, kind of guy. :roll:

It pains me that Beverly Crusher didn't sucked into Armus. Heck what could've been if maybe Tasha Yar got pulled in instead and met her demise that way, maybe in a self-sacrifice way so the Enterprise could rescue Troi and her pilot.

Return to “Nuggets”