QUICKSAND | Official Trailer (2023)

Share Your Media Finds! Includes scans and incidental on-topic images, as well as links to on-topic items at photo and video sharing sites. Material created by the community should be posted in the Member Submissions forums. Information Nuggets go to General Discussion.
SargeE5

QUICKSAND | Official Trailer (2023)

Postby SargeE5 » Thu May 18, 2023 4:53 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arJusuPSnAA

QS2023a.png

QS2023b.png

QS2023c.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by SargeE5 on Thu May 18, 2023 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bogbud

Re: QUICKSAND | Official Trailer (2023)

Postby bogbud » Thu May 18, 2023 6:19 pm

:roll:
Hmm, not THAT convincing
I'm already chindeep in this mudbog and every desperate attempt to move my stuck legs only drives me deeper in. The thick mud slowly swamps my waders and my arms have nothing to hold onto.
I'm feeling home.

spunkee311

Postby spunkee311 » Thu May 18, 2023 6:52 pm

I'm pretty excited. Even if its just a bad movie. I enjoy these kinda movies in the background while working. But wiht Quicksand, even more of a bonus. I do wish the pit was wayyyy thicker. But I can't be picky.

BogDog

Postby BogDog » Thu May 18, 2023 8:17 pm

I prefer entrapment and slow sinking peril. I fear this one may be little more than a glorified mud bath with a snake thrown in. Hoping for otherwise.
"Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

MDLambert

Postby MDLambert » Fri May 19, 2023 6:15 am

I actually laughed out loud when she plunged into the dirt water and went under. if you cant get out how did she float back up lol, they should have took notes from Prey or watched some of the creators content here. :lol:

TK421

Postby TK421 » Sat May 20, 2023 8:35 am

I mean, for Hollywood, I’ve seen way worse so I can’t say it looks bad. I just feel that this could go either of two different ways: wicked cool or total flop/snore fest. At least we can sigh a bit of relief that at least quicksand isn’t a totally dead movie trope.

PS: I still fail to see how this can find its way onto Shudder LOL
“We have no food.
We have no jobs.
OUR PETS HEADS ARE FALLING OFF!”

Viridian

Postby Viridian » Mon May 22, 2023 7:37 am

I have to admit, this was nothing like what I had in mind.

I would've been OK with the watery quicksand if the plot surrounded the ... well, quicksand side of it. But from the trailer it looks like it's actually a sideshow. The promos sold is as a husband/wife becoming trapped after a storm, but now there's a drug cartel, a shooting, dead bodies and snakes in the bog. I get that there needs to be an actual story to make it a feature-length movie, but there's more survival horror than survival in this film, it seems.
Viridian @ deviantART: http://viridianqs.deviantart.com/

SaveMeOrWatchMeSink

Postby SaveMeOrWatchMeSink » Sun Jun 11, 2023 2:11 am

The initial sinking scene looks like it’ll be a female (temporary) submergence — I’m looking forward to seeing it.

Fred588
Producer

Postby Fred588 » Sun Jun 11, 2023 2:58 pm

MDLambert wrote:I actually laughed out loud when she plunged into the dirt water and went under. if you cant get out how did she float back up lol, they should have took notes from Prey or watched some of the creators content here. :lol:

I realize this was not shot in the USA but, frankly (and somewhat self-servingly) producers who know nothing about doing a quicksand scene (never mind a whole movie based on the idea) really ought to hire someone who does know, or even use a facility built for the purpose. It isn't like there are not several available. I have found, however, that even those producers who HAVE consulted (with me, anyway) have the attitude that THEY are the professionals. For example, they have ALWAYS waited until their time-budget is almost used up. One producer waited until August to even get in touch and then they came to my Studio in October. It gets cold at that time of year. Another producer wanted to come but insisted it had to be in March or April. There can still be ICE on my pits in March!

In both examples above I am talking about full time producers who make their living that way, not the usual rentals by people here.
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Mon Jun 12, 2023 5:33 am

Fred588 wrote:I realize this was not shot in the USA but, frankly (and somewhat self-servingly) producers who know nothing about doing a quicksand scene (never mind a whole movie based on the idea) really ought to hire someone who does know...

In both examples above I am talking about full time producers who make their living that way, not the usual rentals by people here.

We had a couple of similar instances over the years. Since they were shooting in Columbia on what appears to be a relatively modest budget I'm sure travel was out of the question. How difficult is it though to hit Google and contact someone who does know what they are doing? That's what National Geographic did and so did the folks at VICE. It's not impossible to enlist a little technical support.

I'm not expecting too much out of this.
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

Return to “Nuggets”