QUICKSAND | Official Trailer (2023)

Share Your Media Finds! Includes scans and incidental on-topic images, as well as links to on-topic items at photo and video sharing sites. Material created by the community should be posted in the Member Submissions forums. Information Nuggets go to General Discussion.
Mynock

Re: QUICKSAND | Official Trailer (2023)

Postby Mynock » Tue Jun 13, 2023 6:47 pm

I've found over the years that there are two things you can put in a movie that are pretty much guaranteed to be screwed up--quicksand and lava. The bog scene in Prey was honestly the only passable scene I've seen since.....?
"Know thyself, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
--Sun Tzu

TK421

Postby TK421 » Wed Jun 14, 2023 2:16 am

Mynock wrote:I've found over the years that there are two things you can put in a movie that are pretty much guaranteed to be screwed up--quicksand and lava. The bog scene in Prey was honestly the only passable scene I've seen since.....?

Add Any mud wrestling scene to that list. Both The Dirt Motley Crue doc and Chippendales doc had possibly the absolute worst scene’s I’ve seen and for fucks sake, these are produced by people who are supposed to know what they’re doing :lol:

I guess we gotta show em how it’s done :roll:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“We have no food.
We have no jobs.
OUR PETS HEADS ARE FALLING OFF!”

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Wed Jun 14, 2023 4:29 pm

TK421 wrote:I guess we gotta show em how it’s done :roll:

I'll help them with quicksand but I think I'll let someone else be responible for the spontaneous combustion of half a camera crew. :lol:
"Know thyself, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
--Sun Tzu

Fred588
Producer

Postby Fred588 » Wed Jun 14, 2023 5:10 pm

One of the problems with people in the film industry, in my experience, is that they are not able to plan very well, especially when they venture outside their own understanding. When VICE came the Studio 588, they had said they wanted to film some sort of scene from a movie. I suggested (long before they arrived) that they try the scene from Tarzan's Hidden Jungle. They failed to do their homework, however, such that when they arrived they had only two people, both male. They tried doing the scene anyway, with me directing. I was the only one who knew the scene. The result was we actually did film a short scene, but the Vera Miles role was played by a 45ish, overweight, bearded man. None of it was ever used for their production.

All of which supports the notion that: "You can lead a horse to water but you cannot make it do the backstroke."
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

TK421

Postby TK421 » Thu Jun 15, 2023 10:41 am

Mynock wrote:
TK421 wrote:I guess we gotta show em how it’s done :roll:

I'll help them with quicksand but I think I'll let someone else be responible for the spontaneous combustion of half a camera crew. :lol:

Just as long as I am not among the cameramen, Go for it. I call dibs on their gear. :lol:
“We have no food.
We have no jobs.

TK421

Postby TK421 » Thu Jun 15, 2023 10:48 am

Fred588 wrote:One of the problems with people in the film industry, in my experience, is that they are not able to plan very well, especially when they venture outside their own understanding. When VICE came the Studio 588, they had said they wanted to film some sort of scene from a movie. I suggested (long before they arrived) that they try the scene from Tarzan's Hidden Jungle. They failed to do their homework, however, such that when they arrived they had only two people, both male. They tried doing the scene anyway, with me directing. I was the only one who knew the scene. The result was we actually did film a short scene, but the Vera Miles role was played by a 45ish, overweight, bearded man. None of it was ever used for their production.

All of which supports the notion that: "You can lead a horse to water but you cannot make it do the backstroke."

Typically with anything beyond a medium sized production, they try to stick to what they are good at. Anything beyond that, is simply an afterthought. One particular shoot I was involved in was a documentary and while the end product was great, I want to say about 50% of what we shot was scrapped because much of it was based off a topic pretty foreign to the staff at that time. They did their best but when you have an action item list a mile long with 2 additional projects in the queue, it is easy to fall into a “get her done” mindset.

I can already hear the executive producer of that production saying in a meeting “look, about 5% of the people outside this particular fetish world is going to know the difference. Send it. We have an entire season left to do”
“We have no food.
We have no jobs.

Return to “Nuggets”