Quicksand (2023) in YouTube

Share Your Media Finds! Includes scans and incidental on-topic images, as well as links to on-topic items at photo and video sharing sites. Material created by the community should be posted in the Member Submissions forums. Information Nuggets go to General Discussion.
DarthMau

Quicksand (2023) in YouTube

Postby DarthMau » Fri Jul 14, 2023 10:45 pm

Today is the digital premiere of Quicksand

Someone uploaded the movie on Youtube, I put the link, I hope you can see it before it is removed due to copyright:

https://youtu.be/TI2CWQgC3nA

BogDog

Re: Quicksand (2023) in YouTube

Postby BogDog » Sat Jul 15, 2023 5:49 am

Pretty much what I expected. Sink to the shoulders in less than a second, then spend the rest of the movie floating in there feeding dialog. :(
"Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Viridian

Postby Viridian » Sat Jul 15, 2023 7:01 am

The quicksand itself wasn't as bad as I thought. It's watery, but they do a decent job of using a thick peat-like coverage in most of the shots. It gets more watery later on. The acting in terms of interacting with the quicksand is pretty good. I think the concept was done pretty well as far as two characters being stranded in a "Open Water" kind of way.

But it was otherwise pretty boring.
Last edited by Viridian on Mon Jul 17, 2023 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Viridian @ deviantART: http://viridianqs.deviantart.com/

TK421

Postby TK421 » Mon Jul 17, 2023 12:58 am

DarthMau wrote:Today is the digital premiere of Quicksand

Someone uploaded the movie on Youtube, I put the link, I hope you can see it before it is removed due to copyright:

https://youtu.be/TI2CWQgC3nA

Already pulled. It’s ok though. I already have a feeling that it will be below expectations as far as sink scenes go.
“We have no food.
We have no jobs.
OUR PETS HEADS ARE FALLING OFF!”

Crazee_Canuck_252

Postby Crazee_Canuck_252 » Mon Jul 17, 2023 10:59 am

Couldn't get through the whole movie.
Boooooooooring.
Oh, well.

TK421

Postby TK421 » Wed Jul 19, 2023 4:16 am

Crazee_Canuck_252 wrote:Couldn't get through the whole movie.
Boooooooooring.
Oh, well.

That was my vibe overall just by the trailer. I had a little hope but they looked like they were attempting to make a dramatic thriller out of something that honestly would have worked better as a daytime soap opera.
“We have no food.
We have no jobs.

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Sat Jul 22, 2023 2:20 pm

I got through it......terrible movie is terrible. Considering the low budget effects and the plot devices used it just takes itself way too seriously. I've seen scarier mud puddles in my backyard than that quicksand.

Also, the robbery scene that basically drives the rest of the movie.....you just walloped the Robber guy with 2x4 sized hunk of tree, he's dropped his gun, he's temporarily disabled, your car is right there, what do you do? Drop the club, leave the gun with the Robber, and run defenseless into the jungle? Are you fucking kidding me?! :lol: :lol:
"Know thyself, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
--Sun Tzu

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Sat Jul 22, 2023 2:44 pm

Mynock wrote:I got through it......terrible movie is terrible. Considering the low budget effects and the plot devices used it just takes itself way too seriously. I've seen scarier mud puddles in my backyard than that quicksand.

Also, the robbery scene that basically drives the rest of the movie.....you just walloped the Robber guy with 2x4 sized hunk of tree, he's dropped his gun, he's temporarily disabled, your car is right there, what do you do? Drop the club, leave the gun with the Robber, and run defenseless into the jungle? Are you fucking kidding me?! :lol: :lol:

That was my thought. Just pick up the gun or stomp the crippled robber. Or both. We've had better plot lines than that in MPV videos, occasionally. Nice looking lady too. Why is she covered in a big coat? Should have been at a nude beach somewhere. Next time.
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

TK421

Postby TK421 » Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:14 am

Mynock wrote:I got through it......terrible movie is terrible. Considering the low budget effects and the plot devices used it just takes itself way too seriously. I've seen scarier mud puddles in my backyard than that quicksand.

I’m going to give you WAY more credit than me. I won’t even give it a try. I know I’m gonna hate it :lol:
“We have no food.
We have no jobs.

quikmoose

Postby quikmoose » Mon Aug 14, 2023 1:54 am

Hi Gang:

The DVD of Quicksand will be available on Amazon soon -- it is a pre-order item now. And not very expensive...

https://www.amazon.com/Quicksand-Allan- ... 20&sr=1-13

-- Quikmoose

Return to “Nuggets”