Daily Planet's Ziya Tong in Quicksand

Share Your Media Finds! Includes scans and incidental on-topic images, as well as links to on-topic items at photo and video sharing sites. Material created by the community should be posted in the Member Submissions forums. Information Nuggets go to General Discussion.
quikmoose

Daily Planet's Ziya Tong in Quicksand

Postby quikmoose » Wed Jul 26, 2023 7:44 am

Hi:

I stumbled across this on YouTube. Its 8 years old there, so presumably it has been posted here before.

Very good looking actress in form-fitting black outfit sinks up to her waste in a quicksand box, constructed using a fire hose and sand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPVlcUJdYwg

-- Quikmoose

MadMax359

Re: Daily Planet's Ziya Tong in Quicksand

Postby MadMax359 » Wed Jul 26, 2023 12:02 pm

now the director says "zip down that zipper!" :twisted:
The strong do what they want, the weak do what they must

Fred588
Producer

Postby Fred588 » Wed Jul 26, 2023 12:46 pm

LOL. Whether that was really quicksand or not could be debated. It looks to me like they just blasted away the sand under her feet. If they had added water to the point the sand was saturated first they could have used a LOT less pressure and a much slower rate of flow. Then they could have made the sand bounce some under her feet before she started to sink.
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

claysink

Postby claysink » Wed Jul 26, 2023 3:05 pm

I got the impression that they had no idea what they were doing. They had a piece of info: upward flow of water makes sand quick. But no clue beyond that.
Maybe one of us should have been consulted. Lol

Chimerix

Postby Chimerix » Thu Jul 27, 2023 6:27 pm

I love that the guy uses the whole "if you could pull your leg out of there, you could lift a small car. It's the same force." I see that BS sited in every "informed" article about quicksand. Then, what did she do? Pull her foot out. I want to see her go try that on a small car next!
The difference between theory and reality is that, in theory, there is no difference between theory and reality.

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Mon Jul 31, 2023 3:58 pm

MadMax359 wrote:now the director says "zip down that zipper!" :twisted:

If I was there... :mrgreen:

He's got enough water going in there to wash away Ipanema. You don't need a fire truck and 4" water line for anything that modest. They could have got her chest deep with a garden hose if they did it correctly.
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

somebodyelse

Postby somebodyelse » Mon Aug 07, 2023 12:55 pm

Chimerix wrote:I love that the guy uses the whole "if you could pull your leg out of there, you could lift a small car. It's the same force." I see that BS sited in every "informed" article about quicksand. Then, what did she do? Pull her foot out. I want to see her go try that on a small car next!

The trick is, though, she wiggled her foot and leg as she pulled to get the water back into the sand to loosen it up. If she had just stood there and pulled, she’d have gotten nowhere.

Return to “Nuggets”