Quicksand - 2023 movie (Moved from Other Producers)

Share Your Media Finds! Includes scans and incidental on-topic images, as well as links to on-topic items at photo and video sharing sites. Material created by the community should be posted in the Member Submissions forums. Information Nuggets go to General Discussion.
boots in quicksand

Quicksand - 2023 movie (Moved from Other Producers)

Postby boots in quicksand » Wed Oct 25, 2023 2:34 am

I honestly don't know if this is the place to put this, if not let me know and will move it or the administrator can move it to proper place.

But, I just got finished watching a movie titled "Quicksand". That is the real title and that is the plot.

A husband and wife on the verge of divorce are in Columbia, South America. Out for a hike the wife falls into quicksand. I'll save the spoilers and just say both end up stuck and have to fend off jungle elements and each other in order to escape.

For what seems a low budget survival movie it's not bad, but not great.

Better ideas for plots in my opinion:

The wife gets separated from husband during hike , or goes on hike alone.....same result but she's armpit deep in quicksand alone and husband has to search for her.
(Possible she escapes 2/3 through and falls into another quicksand pit soon after.)

Or two women out for a hike and one falls in quicksand and the other trys to go for help and fall in her own quicksand pit.

bogbud

Re: Quicksand (2023 movie)

Postby bogbud » Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:57 pm

You're quite behind :lol:

We have been discussing this mediocre movie for a year already, there are lots of threads in general discussion and nuggets...
I'm already chindeep in this mudbog and every desperate attempt to move my stuck legs only drives me deeper in. The thick mud slowly swamps my waders and my arms have nothing to hold onto.
I'm feeling home.

boots in quicksand

Postby boots in quicksand » Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:40 am

bogbud wrote:You're quite behind :lol:

We have been discussing this mediocre movie for a year already, there are lots of threads in general discussion and nuggets...

You’re half right.

I never really look at general discussion or nuggets. Never found the need, something i may reconsider.
However this movie only had the trailers released about 7 months ago……
How I missed it in that time Will remain a mystery
The one from a Year ago is a bro- mance parody and not the one I’m referring to, nor my cup-o-tea.

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:20 am

I sink, therefore I WAM!!!!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

TK421

Postby TK421 » Fri Oct 27, 2023 1:28 pm

So this begs to ask, can we promise not to talk about this movie ever again? Like ever? I might be able to forgive the QS scene if the movie was halfway decent but…damn. It just SUCKED.
“We have no food.
We have no jobs.
OUR PETS HEADS ARE FALLING OFF!”

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Fri Oct 27, 2023 4:36 pm

It's one of those great mysteries of human nature. Why can't we stop talking about how much something sucks?! :lol:
"Know thyself, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
--Sun Tzu

bogbud

Postby bogbud » Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:09 am

Mynock wrote:It's one of those great mysteries of human nature. Why can't we stop talking about how much something sucks?! :lol:

When the Quicksand in that movie sucked more, the film would have sucked less! :D
I'm already chindeep in this mudbog and every desperate attempt to move my stuck legs only drives me deeper in. The thick mud slowly swamps my waders and my arms have nothing to hold onto.
I'm feeling home.

boots in quicksand

Postby boots in quicksand » Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:45 am

bogbud wrote:
Mynock wrote:It's one of those great mysteries of human nature. Why can't we stop talking about how much something sucks?! :lol:

When the Quicksand in that movie sucked more, the film would have sucked less! :D

This seems to be one of those things where people ether love it or hate it, no in between.

spunkee311

Postby spunkee311 » Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:51 am

TK421 wrote:

So this begs to ask, can we promise not to talk about this movie ever again? Like ever? I might be able to forgive the QS scene if the movie was halfway decent but…damn. It just SUCKED.

I actually personally enjoyed it. The movie did exactly what its intention was. Cheap Melodrama. I haven't seen any other hollywood movie even attempt to do a quicksand scene well (outside of PREY), let alone an entire plot based on it. It could have been better yes. It could have been a lot worse though. We got a beautiful actress pretty much Chest Deep in mud the entire time. And there was even a submergence. I'll take it.

Return to “Nuggets”