Probable quicksand scene in next week's La Brea episode.

Share Your Media Finds! Includes scans and incidental on-topic images, as well as links to on-topic items at photo and video sharing sites. Material created by the community should be posted in the Member Submissions forums. Information Nuggets go to General Discussion.
Theo

Re: Probable quicksand scene in next week's La Brea episode.

Postby Theo » Tue Jan 30, 2024 6:24 am

Was these watching these videos the other day.

Trinidad Pitch Lake Tour Very interesting and educational I think. Depending on how deep it is, it looks like you could sink pretty easily in the large pits in the beginning and again at 17:50, and especially at 20:45.

Lake In Trinidad Has Spa-Like Effects On Your Body In this one you can actually see someone walking on the "shiny" spots, but it looks like their feet are wet, which I assume might briefly prevent the tar from adhering to your skin, and you notice they don't stop in one spot.

I think it also depends on how fresh and warm the tar is. The warmer and fresher, the more dangerous it is and likely you are to able to sink in it. The cooler and older, the safer it is to walk on, as seen in the first video.
Finally broke down and went to see a psychologist. She told me I just have an overactive imagination—and it really excited her. We're going sinking next weekend. Theo's AI Quicksandbox New stuff every weekend (unless life gets in the way)

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:43 am

Here is another pitch lake tour video with a couple of female tourists, who sink ankle deep:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gx_klBSON0w

Here is the pitch lake on Google Maps:

https://www.google.com/maps/@10.2343925,-61.6269806,1280m/data=!3m1!1e3?entry=ttu
I sink, therefore I WAM!!!!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

Theo

Postby Theo » Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:08 am

Ya know... I was thinking. Something that would be cool to see and probably totally harmless, would be for someone to put on some loose fitting rubber boots and step into one of those fresh tar seeps. They could demonstrate how stuck you can get and much you can sink, and then just pull their feet out of the boots. That'd be neat to see.
Finally broke down and went to see a psychologist. She told me I just have an overactive imagination—and it really excited her. We're going sinking next weekend. Theo's AI Quicksandbox New stuff every weekend (unless life gets in the way)

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:58 am

Theo wrote:Ya know... I was thinking. Something that would be cool to see and probably totally harmless, would be for someone to put on some loose fitting rubber boots and step into one of those fresh tar seeps. They could demonstrate how stuck you can get and much you can sink, and then just pull their feet out of the boots. That'd be neat to see.

Something like this?

https://www.gettyimages.ca/detail/video/person-leaps-out-of-a-tar-pit-leaving-their-stock-video-footage/1B012301_086

Too bad there wasn't more footage of that.
I sink, therefore I WAM!!!!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

Theo

Postby Theo » Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:28 pm

Boggy Man wrote:Something like this?

https://www.gettyimages.ca/detail/video/person-leaps-out-of-a-tar-pit-leaving-their-stock-video-footage/1B012301_086

Too bad there wasn't more footage of that.

Exactly what I had in mind. And yes, if only there was more footage, like from the beginning (and if it was a lovely lady in a bikini, it'd be perfect! :D)

Thanks finding that and sharing!

Return to “Nuggets”