The Swallow movie (2024)

Share Your Media Finds! Includes scans and incidental on-topic images, as well as links to on-topic items at photo and video sharing sites. Material created by the community should be posted in the Member Submissions forums. Information Nuggets go to General Discussion.
Boggy Man

Re: The Swallow movie (2024)

Postby Boggy Man » Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:03 am

For many years, I have been envisioning a movie similar to "The Blob", but it involves one that oozes underground between the particles of soil, turning the soil it is present in, into quicksand, which is how it devours its prey! :twisted: Perhaps this is the one!

ghostofmyeyes wrote:Based on the script review I linked, it sounds like this vore quicksand will already be rapidly digesting people before they've even submerged - there will be pain and gore/body horror - like in The Sand (2015) or The Blob (1988). Not my thing.

However, it seems to be during the second sink that the first mention that "it burns" is made and the first gore revealed - perhaps when the first girl sinks, it will be played indistinguishably from a regular quicksand scene, enjoyable to the likes of me (with a bit of mental compartmentalization).

I wonder if this poster for the movie "Blood Beach" is representative of what to expect? I decided to link to it instead of showing it here, due to its gore! :o

https://image.tmdb.org/t/p/original/epQzUSVLOyszcORJJO6ZqOItATr.jpg
I sink, therefore I WAM!!!!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

MadMax359

Postby MadMax359 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:20 pm

though i am reminded of the joke What bird is the one that shows a woman loves you? it's not the Dove--- it's the Swallow :?
The strong do what they want, the weak do what they must

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:56 pm

As soon as I saw the star's name, Van Dien, I figured it must be Caspar Van Dien's daughter. Yep. Looks like his daughter is going to pay for all his near misses with everything from Starship Troopers to Tarzan. That does make her Robert Mitchum's grandaughter though so unlike dad, maybe she's more than just a pretty face. From what I can discern about the script it sounds like more of a gore-fest then anything I'd be interested in but hey, The Raft was all about sentient sludge and it had moments. We'll see.
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

dlodoski
Wizard of Ooze

Postby dlodoski » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:10 pm

Duncan Edwards wrote:As soon as I saw the star's name, Van Dien, I figured it must be Caspar Van Dien's daughter. Yep. Looks like his daughter is going to pay for all his near misses with everything from Starship Troopers to Tarzan. That does make her Robert Mitchum's grandaughter though so unlike dad, maybe she's more than just a pretty face. From what I can discern about the script it sounds like more of a gore-fest then anything I'd be interested in but hey, The Raft was all about sentient sludge and it had moments. We'll see.

Funny you mentioned The Raft. I just mentioned to someone the other day that Creepshow 2 (The Raft) should be an honorable mention QS scene.
The Wizard of Ooze stays behind the curtain!

https://allmylinks.com/dlodoski

Stay signed up to Club MPV and bank 10 free download tokens every month!

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:04 am

dlodoski wrote:
Duncan Edwards wrote:As soon as I saw the star's name, Van Dien, I figured it must be Caspar Van Dien's daughter. Yep. Looks like his daughter is going to pay for all his near misses with everything from Starship Troopers to Tarzan. That does make her Robert Mitchum's grandaughter though so unlike dad, maybe she's more than just a pretty face. From what I can discern about the script it sounds like more of a gore-fest then anything I'd be interested in but hey, The Raft was all about sentient sludge and it had moments. We'll see.

Funny you mentioned The Raft. I just mentioned to someone the other day that Creepshow 2 (The Raft) should be an honorable mention QS scene.

Over the past while, looking at the earlier AI images posted in the AI Creations forum, I would every once in a while come across an image that reminded me of "The Raft", because the mud sometimes seemed to form wormlike tendrils that ran up through the victim's skin! :shock:
I sink, therefore I WAM!!!!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

Sand_Fox

Postby Sand_Fox » Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:38 am

ghostofmyeyes wrote:Found a review of a draft of the screenplay from 2018 (some spoilers, unless there have been major revisions since):
https://scriptshadow.net/screenplay-review-the-swallow/

Aww I was sad when I read the script, and there were guys along for the ride. Could have been a group of ladies. A little more saddened when it sounds like the first girl gets a meh sink and the guy get the attention scene. I am curious if this ever comes out to rent

Coordinated57

Postby Coordinated57 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:39 pm

I hope they don’t go forward with the dissolving acid feature of the monster they used in the 2018 version. Firstly for personal reasons, and also because it would feel too similar to the Creepshow 2 segment or the SCP.

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:58 pm

Gruesome dissolving flesh death might not make for good sinking scenes but it definitely sounds like an epic horror movie. Will definitely have to give it a watch if it ever gets made.

This'll be like our version of "Jaws". You'll never go into the mud again! :lol:
"Know thyself, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
--Sun Tzu

Return to “Nuggets”